Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Dimension Styles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
trvlnmny
267 Views, 3 Replies

Help With Dimension Styles

I am using AC LT 2008 and W 7.

I am not a professional and have taught myself, at least that amount I know, AC.

I am a hobby woodworker and use it to draw some of the projects I build.

When I do a new drawing I go to Dimension Style and change the text height and arrow size.

This seems to work fine if I save the drawing and reopen it I have those values i changed to.

What I would like to do is have those values in all New drawings I start.

I am sure there is an easy answer to this but I am unable to find it.

Thanks for any and all help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Irish2
in reply to: trvlnmny

You have to create that dimension style, or modify the "standard" style, in your drawing template. The template is the "drawing board"  that you start drawing on. You can read more about the template, i.e., DWT, in the help.

Message 3 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: trvlnmny

The answer is simple. Take a drawing file that has all of the styles you want to keep, and save it as a template file. Give it a new name different from the default template files. Then when you start a new drawing and it asks you which template to use, you can pick the one you saved, and it will have the styles you want already in it.

If you want to get even fancier, type OPTIONS and on the files tab, there's a place to pick a specific file to use as the template file. If you do this, then when you start a new drawing, it will automatically use your template without asking 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 4

File extention is DWT. You can set this from the SaveAs window at the Files of Type... when you save this file.

OPTIONS, Files Tab, Template Settings, Default Template File Name for QNEW, Browse....  (on the right side of the dialog.)

STARTUP Variable needs to be set to 0

QNEW is the Command you want to use to get to this Template.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost