Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with automating LT

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Pabber
358 Views, 11 Replies

Help needed with automating LT

I'd like to be able to automate the following task:

Find the intersection of two perpendicular lines and break the selected line to a point 3 inches offset in both directions from the intersection.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: Pabber

If you're looking to do a task repeatedly, then you need to read up on making custom commands. Try your tasks as a series of commands typed on the command line. If that works, then create a custom command that mimics the series of commands.

For more complex tasks, you may want to look into DIESEL...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 12
Pabber

Thanks for your reply...I was just seeking a quick fix to save a bit of time.

Message 4 of 12
pendean

What you want is beyond LT's programming ability to do with a single click or a small number of clicks.

Message 5 of 12
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

My approach has always been, if it's a repetitive task, it's worthwhile to spend a bit of time coming up with a way of "automating" it. You gain back the time you invested within the first week (or day even) of using it, and after that it's all gravy as far as improved productivity goes. One tool at a time and eventually you have an entire suite of improvements 🙂

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Agreed, but only if the 'automation' actually saves clicks and typing (both selecting the activation buttons and the clicks on screen to make it all work). OP's request, without much research, seems to have many approches but few savings:

"Find the intersection of two perpendicular lines and break the selected line to a point 3 inches offset in both directions from the intersection."

Message 7 of 12
Johneng

Dean try this four (4) click macro.  ^C^C_Circle;APPINT;\3;Trim;L;;\Erase;P;;;

First click starts the macro

Second and Third click the user selects the two perpendicular lines

Fourth click the user selects the line inside the circle to be trimmed (broken)

or this three (3) click macro.  ^C^C_Circle;INT;\3;Trim;L;;\Erase;P;;;

First click starts the macro

Second click user selects the intersection of the two perpendicular lines

Third click the user selects the line inside the circle to be trimmed (broken)

Attached is a button icon for your use

Message 8 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Johneng

Sometimes I have to bait this forum to get more active participation from others 🙂 nice macros, hopefully the OP will enjoy using them.

Message 9 of 12
Charles_Shade

18 to go!

Will you have it by Monday?

Message 10 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I did not notice until just now: maybe I should slow down and enjoy the 18, err, now 17 posts 🙂

Message 11 of 12
Charles_Shade

I figured the balloon drop would be a giveaway.

Message 12 of 12
steven-g

One click but may need adapting to work with inches. the macro repeats untill you press escape key, and you do need to use escape? if you break out of the command another way it will leave the temporary layer 'trimint' and cause problems the next time you issue the command. Anyway nuf said it works in 2012LT adapt it to suit.

*^C^C-la;m;trimint;s;trimint;;c;int;\3;select;l;;trim;l;;f;$M=$(-,$(index,0,$(getvar,lastpoint)),5),$M=$(-,$(index,1,$(getvar,lastpoint)),5);$M=$(+,$(index,0,$(getvar,lastpoint)),5),$M=$(+,$(index,1,$(getvar,lastpoint)),5);;;layerp;laydel;n;trimint;;y;

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost