Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch spacing too dense or boundary not closed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
madcowscarnival
1492 Views, 2 Replies

Hatch spacing too dense or boundary not closed

I have a line drawing from a draftsman.  It was imported from some other program, but I'm not sure which.  However, this has cropped up many times over the years on my drawings as well as others.  It just is typically quickly remedied with a workaround.

The hatch spacing too dense issue requiring me to break up the area:  this problem will occur on equally sized areas at the same zoom factor at which I just hatched an adjacent area.  I have changed the "MaxHatch" variable environment from stock at 10k, to 100k, then to 1,000k; yet the problem persists.  I don't have a particularly fast machine so by that point I decided there was no need to max the variable at 10,000k.  Any suggestions?  There are no z variables in the drawing though it appears, almost randomly, to have plines or lines along the same length of wall.

The second issue is the closed boundary.  This occurs on lines that are connected at all corners, even when I stretch and reconnect a line, though that is a very time consuming method.  When I increase the hgaptol variable it will hatch bizzarre areas that have no relation to what I am attempting to hatch.  This is also occuring even inside a REC that I created just prior to hatching due to error on the original layout.  I have to hatch an object rather than select an internal point.  It has become so obnoxious in this drawing that I decided to post with these questions.

Help or thoughts will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: madcowscarnival

I've not come across the first problem in a very long time honestly: there is a limit sadly, you just have to work around it.

As for the second problem, this is normally fixed here anyway if you freeze unnecessary layers, especially layers with objects that overlap the boundary edges. AutoCAD sees those as the boundary, sees the gaps there, and reports an error. You are after allo asking AutoCAD to go hunting for a boundary instead of actively selecting one, so you kind of have to expect it to get frazzled with too much information on screen.
Message 3 of 3
madcowscarnival
in reply to: pendean

There is only one layer from the original drawing.  Thanks for the reply, doesn't seem like it's something I can fix, so I will continue my workarounds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost