Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Layer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4602 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch Layer

I am running LT2011 and keep experienceing issues with hatches defaulting to an old layer.

For example if have been hatching a plan and called the hatch layer 'grass' and then move on to hatch walls which i want to hatch in layer 'walls'. Before i hatch the walls i change the layer state to 'walls' and then click on the hatch button. in the hatch creation ribbon the 'by layer' colour dropdown shows the colour for the walls layer yet when i hatch it hatches in the old layer of grass. the only way i seem to be able to get around this is to hatch in the wrong layer and then select the hatch object and change the layer - this is a bit of a headache. this seems to be an intermitant problem; am i doingsomething wrong or is there a glitch??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You set, and forgot to change, the hard coded layer in the hatch command: start HATCH, then type T to get the pop up, and change your preset layer your have turned on.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

thansk pendean

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Since that old post from the year 2011, Autodesk has added HPLAYER command for quicker access. Explore it in HELP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost