Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch file issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bsellner
338 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch file issues

I am having an issue with my hatch tab.  When I select it I receive an error "acadlt,pat" can't find file.  I have tried many things but can not resolve this issue.  I have directed my options, files to look at the folder that contains my hatch files but this did not work.  Any other suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bsellner

Many things like...?
Did you recently change computers or upgrade and "migrate" from an older LT version?
Or is this a sudden problem that cropped up today but was working fine yesterday?
Your LT version is?
Windows version is?
Are you sure you have an ACADLT.PAT file? Where is it exactly? Can you open it in Windows Notepad and ready hatch pattern names etc.?
Message 3 of 4
bsellner
in reply to: pendean

Did you recently change computers or upgrade and "migrate" from an older LT version? - Yes
Or is this a sudden problem that cropped up today but was working fine yesterday? - This is a new computer and the first time I have tried to use it.  Everything else seems to be working except the hatch option.
Your LT version is? 2012
Windows version is? Windows 7 (64 bit)
Are you sure you have an ACADLT.PAT file? Where is it exactly? Can you open it in Windows Notepad and ready hatch pattern names etc.?  I can not find the ACADLT.PAT file.  Do you know where, by default, it should be located? 

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bsellner

Your older LT version most likely used ACLT.PAT file: migration is a terrible thing to do for some people. Or you just have a bad install (it happens).

Reset LT2012: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/the-easiest-way-to-reset-autocad.html
http://blogs.rand.com/support/2011/03/autocad-2012-new-feature-reset-settings-to-default-is-better-t...

If that doesn't work, try a reinstall: you have to be local admin or higher in Windows for LT to run properly (at least the first time).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost