Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch button does not activate Hatch dialog box

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
max$19kimi997$
35576 Views, 11 Replies

Hatch button does not activate Hatch dialog box

I have AUTOCAD LT 2012 - windows 7 - SP1

Neither the button for Hatching or the Draw Hatch menu do not activate the HATCH DIALOG BOX????

This means I cannot Hatch???

Any ideas.  I have also added the Hotfix for the Ribbon and it made no difference.

Thanks

Alan

merged these two topics

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi

I have just realized that I am working in AutoCaD LT Classic and this does not work - says it cannot do this command in this workspace.  When I switch the workspace to "Workspace" new in AutoCad 2012 LT (I used LT2006 last), it does hatch with the new ribbon style.

As I am still learning this ribbon style and actually prefer Classic, is there a way to make my workspace Hatch in Classic.

Thanks

Alan

Message 3 of 12
heinsite
in reply to: max$19kimi997$

There must be something wrong with the installation on your machine.  Normally LT 2012 brings up the hatch dialog box when the workspace is set to AutoCAD LT Classic, and the context ribbon for hatching when it's set to Drafting & Annotation.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 4 of 12
pendean

Why did you start another new post? Are you no longer capable of access the other to add to it?

HPDLGMODE variable, check it in HELP and it's settings when you are in different workspaces: if that's not it, the above response may be on the correct path for a fix. This assumes you did not help create the issue by using the "migration" option when you installed LT2012.

Message 5 of 12

Apologize for the double post - still new to all this.

Tried the HPDLGMODE - the path is set at 2 which is the same as my other computer.

Will try the re-install fix.

My second computer at my other office is working fine on hatching - so must be the program install.

Thank you

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Can you try setting the HPDLGMODE to 1 in the command line of AutoCAD LT and see whether it helps or not.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 7 of 12
pendean

If you want the pop-up all the time, the setting is 1 and not 2 for that variable, so neither computer is set correctly.

Message 8 of 12

Thank you very mach

Smiley Happyit was very helpfull for me

Message 9 of 12
reckbcad

I installed Autocad 2012 with SP2. Hatch command does NOT bring up Dialogue Box.

Re-inatalled Autocad 2012 with out SP2 and Hatch now works OK.

Message 10 of 12

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY AUTODESK SETS THIS DEFAULT SO THAT THE HATCH DIALOGUE BOX DOESNT OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU CLICK INTO THE HATCH COMMAND OR WHEN YOU TYPE IN HATCH. i SPENT SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO CHANGE IT...

Message 11 of 12
pendean
in reply to: bmedjid555

>>>... i SPENT SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO CHANGE IT...<<<
HPDLGMODE is the variable name to set to do what you want: usage and settings are explained in HELP.
Message 12 of 12

Thank you Vinod, that did work for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost