Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HATCH AROUND TEXT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
michael-rra
926 Views, 4 Replies

HATCH AROUND TEXT

According to ACAD 2005 LT help:"if you draw a pie slice, label it with text, and hatch it, the "island" of text remains readable."

This does not seem to happen to me, as my text gets "hatched". The help continues, however: "You can override the automatic exclusion of the text." Unfortunately, it does not say how the text exclusion can be over-ridden (or the reverse). Does anyone have any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MarilynJD
in reply to: michael-rra

Try looking under tools, then draw order and send the pie to the back.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It depends upon how you specify the hatch boundary. If you use "Pick Points," then the text is treated as an island, and the hatch should break around it. If you use "Select Objects," then you may not have also selected the text object as part of the boundary. In addition, under the Advanced tab, you must ensure that "Normal" is selected for island detection style. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer -------------------------------------------------------------------- "michael-rra" wrote in message news:17767002.1096482147118.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > According to ACAD 2005 LT help:"if you draw a pie slice, label it with > text, and hatch it, the "island" of text remains readable." > > This does not seem to happen to me, as my text gets "hatched". The help > continues, however: "You can override the automatic exclusion of the > text." Unfortunately, it does not say how the text exclusion can be > over-ridden (or the reverse). Does anyone have any suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
michael-rra

Actually, using "pick points" does NOT treat the text as an island. However, using "pick points" first, then pushing spacebar, then choosing "select objects" next and clicking the text seems to work.

Thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Use 'select objects' the first time, instead of two-stepping it as you describe. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost