Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Acceleration - On but not configurable

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
333 Views, 3 Replies

Hardware Acceleration - On but not configurable

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help an IT guy in need? I currently have two computers, both have the same hardware (graphics card: Nvidia Quadro K2000) with Windows 7 Pro installed. One computer has AutoCAD 2014 (full) installed, the other has AutoCAD 2014 LT installed.

On the full version of AutoCAD 2014 I can configure/Manually Tune the Hardware Acceleration, etc.

On AutoCAD LT when I go to the same window (for Hardware Acceleration) I only have a tickbox like this:

hardware acceleration.png

Does this mean that in order to use Harware acceleration I have to buy the full version of AutoCAD for the second computer?

I have also tried different graphics cards in both PC's and got the same results as above.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on this? I'm clueless!

Thanks for reading,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, the reason why I am asking this question is because there is quite a lot of lag whilst moving around objects on AutoCAD 2014 LT. I'm now wondering whether this is down to the hardware acceleration not being switched on properly or because more RAM is needed.
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Lt doesn't need the level of graphics power that AutoCAD does, so there are fewer options are available. Part of the reason LT is a quarter or the cost.

Turning hardware acceleration on (or off) may help, many other things may be slowing LT's performance.
Message 4 of 4
mpalan2009
in reply to: pendean

I had a similar issue and found this to help.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Perf...

It could be that there are other bug fixes that could be applied.  ??

Matthew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost