Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
derek31a
1028 Views, 11 Replies

Grips

Almost too embarrassed to ask - I've lost my grips, so that when I click on a line I get one grip box at the end of the line. When I click on the box it will only move the line, not stretch.

How do I re-instate grips so I get a box at each end of the line and a handle in the middle so that I can stretch, not move the line.......

I told you it was embarrassing!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: derek31a

What's a "box" in AutoCAD Object Types? The only "box" in AutoCAD is a 3D single object.

If you mean a RECTANG or closed PLINE object, it sounds like you already have grips on but your object is no longer a PLINE but something else like a GROUP or a BLOCK or something else. Start LIST, select this object, and see what that tells you about your object.
Message 3 of 12
derek31a
in reply to: pendean

I suspect the drawing has corrupted - attached is a small portion of the drawing. Lines are just that, not plines or splines.

Click on any line and a grip appears on only one end. Click on the grip and the line moves instead of stretching......

Message 4 of 12
hwalker

Just had a look at it and found the solution.

Make the start Z and end Z on everything 0.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 12
derek31a
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks HW.

This occurred when I tried to flatten everything earlier today. That means I'll have to go over every line (and there are 1000's) and manually reset Z to zero.

Aren't there just times when you hate LT.....Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 12
pendean

What method did you try and use to flatten? LT has limited options and most 'solutions' posted around here require tweaking.

Start PROPERTIES command, select everything, then srot through the object types and set each's Z setting when offered to zero. Shouldn't take you more than 2-3minutes max per file.
Message 7 of 12
derek31a

Thanks Dean - don't know why I didn't think of selecting all and removing selection sets. You've saved me an awful lot of work - again.

As for the macro - it's the one that has been posted in the past -

^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

I used it on previous versions of LT, but can't seem to get it to on LT2012!

Message 8 of 12
hwalker

Yeah I did try using the Flatten Macro to start with and nothing happened.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 12
pendean

The problem with the macro is it will only move entire objects. a line with one end at a Z elevation different from another end is not affected and in fact may create a bigger problem since both ends can be placed at different Z than zero.

The macro is a last resort I'm-desperate fix, it's not full AutoCAD'a FLATTEN which does so much more than move things around in a Z plane. Don't use the macro every day on all of your files.
Message 10 of 12
hwalker

But that's the weird thing Dean

Both the start and end Z in the drawing he posted are listed as 2.0000E+99

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 12
pendean
in reply to: hwalker

That's the flaw with the macro: you need to write a new macro to fix this often created problem as well.
Message 12 of 12
derek31a

That would be soooooo nice - any takers?

If I could write macros I'd be straight there, but I can't.....it's like black magic to me!! Respect to those who can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost