Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grips won't stretch in one direction

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rhoscadman
476 Views, 7 Replies

Grips won't stretch in one direction

We have recently all moved to AutocadLT 2015, and we have noticed a couple of glitches but a lot of them we've manged to overcome. But one of my colleagues seems to have continious issues. The latest problem is that he cannot stretch a closed polyline (rectangle in this case) using the middle flat grip in the left to right direction. When does try the rectangle just snaps shut and becomes a single polyline. When he tries to do the same command in the right to left it's ok.

when he switches off the osnap it seems to work in either way. We've tried switching off the magnet feature, and all kinds of system variables for grips but nothing else seems to work. Is there a fix for this?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: rhoscadman

What's his osnap selection BOX SIZE set to?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
rhoscadman
in reply to: hwalker

I gather you mean the autosnap marker size? It's the bare minimum, about 20% to 25%..............just the same as the rest of us.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

what is PICKBOX set to for everyone? and this user?

If turning off osnaps fixes the issue for this one user then they are 'snapping' to an object which is causing the problem, not much else.
Message 5 of 8
rhoscadman
in reply to: pendean

PICKBOX is set to 5 for everyone.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

Can you post a DWG so we can replicate the issue in your first post? A quick test here (PICKBOX is 3 for me) and I can't replicate the issue but I may have the Pline incorrect.
Message 7 of 8
rhoscadman
in reply to: pendean

I'm not sure if posting the .dwg is going to help, because when I open the drawing on my machine, I have no problems with the grips. It's just this one colleague. Which makes me think there's a toggle/switch somewhere that's causing this issue. I need to make an animation of the problem, and I'm not really sure how to do this.

Message 8 of 8
rhoscadman

The said colleague tried the grips action again this morning and.................hey presto! it works. Maybe all it (autocadLT) needed was a good night's rest.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost