Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Boxes That Stack Up

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kthr331
424 Views, 5 Replies

Gray Boxes That Stack Up

In AutoCAD LT 2013, everytime I do something, little gray boxes explaining what I just did stack up on top of the "Type a command" box. Since you can't see thru, or work thru those little gray stack boxes I find myself constantly panning my drawing back and forth to work around them. It would sure make my drawing more efficient and less frustrating if I could turn off those little gray stack boxes. I've clicked around to try to find out if this can be done, but not knowing what they are called is making the quest a bit difficult. I would greatly appreciate any info anyone would be able to offer about this. Thanks, K.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: kthr331

OPTIONS, Display tab, uncheck Tool Tips perhaps?

Can you post a screen shot of what is going on.

Is this in the Command Line area?

Dynamic Display? The + sign with the wight bar in quad IV down in the tray - click it off

Message 3 of 6
kthr331
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hopefully the screen shot is attached. This shot only shows 3 stacked boxes, but sometimes it can go as high as 6 and that wipes out a significant amount of workspace. K.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Dock the commandline instead of having it floating like that: works for me.
Message 5 of 6
kthr331
in reply to: pendean

Wow, Thanks. That's a big help. Just not having to pan my drawing around will make a big difference. K.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

And increase it to three or four lines.

Lot of information gets lost when only one line.

Or course, you have to undock it to increase its size but then dock it again.

IMHO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost