Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geographic Location Hotfix - PROBLEM

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
bigroo284
1590 Views, 11 Replies

Geographic Location Hotfix - PROBLEM

Hi all,

I have just discovered that the Bing Maps link has gone down and there is a hotfix which I have just applied. However on opening my drawing and selecting GEOGRAPHICLOCATION from map the command that is in operation is MOVE and when from file is selected I get FILLET.

Someone from Autodesk please help me. There is no use reapplying the old .arx file as it doesn't work hence the hotfix.

bigroo

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
braudpat
in reply to: bigroo284

Hello

You are using ACAD LT 2014 or 2015 ?

Have you tried to disconnect A360 then reconnect A360 when ACAD is running ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Albert_Rius

Hi,

Please check:

- Your AutoCAD LT is updated to last Service Pack available.

- The replaced .arx file is the correct one, is easy to copy the x86 version in a x64 and oposite

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 12
ssmith614
in reply to: Albert_Rius

I have the exact same problem.  Installed hotfix.... made sure I had latest SP installed, signed out and back into 360 and restarted Autocad LT 2014.  When I type geo on status bar and click on geographic location it says no geo function.  When I select Geographic Location from menu it activates the move function.

Need to get the geographic location up ASAP as I need the aerial to complete a drawing.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
Albert_Rius
in reply to: ssmith614

Hi,

Please be sure that that you are following next steps:

- Check that AutoCAD is fully updated (Sp1 for 2014 releases  and Sp2 for 2015)

- Download the hotfix to a temporary folder

- Unzip the Hotfix

- Browse to the unzipped folder x86 (for 32 bit OS) or x64 (for 64 bit OS)

- Copy the AcGeoLocationUI.arx to the clipboard (Ctrl+C)

- Browse to the AutoCAD LT installation folder: C:\program files\autodesk\autocad LT 2014

- Rename the file: AcGeoLocationUI.arx to AcGeoLocationUI.arx_old

- Paste the file from the clipboard (CTRl+V). Check that the  new file AcGeoLocationUI.arx is copied

- Start AutoCAD Lt as usual.

The effect that you are experiencing is due that after rename the file, the new file is not copied with the same name as the original, and AutoCAD LT can't find it, so when this command is requested, the system is able only to identify the Map option and the File as the acronyms for Move and Fillet defined in the acad.pgp

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 12
ssmith614

Albert,

I have followed your directions step by step with the same result.  I have posted a copy of two screen shots.  first is where i pasted the new file into the autocad folder as specified and the second is a shot of the command bar with the result when trying to use geolocation.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
Albert_Rius
in reply to: ssmith614

Hi,

Chekcing your images, I noticed that the hotfix that you downloaded is for AutoCAD not for AutoCAD LT 2014.

Download the file from this link:

Note: When download the file, please first save it in your hard drive and then fully unzip the hotfix in the same folder, if you open directly the zip file with the explorer sometimes the files are blocked and can't be loaded.

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 12
ssmith614

That fixed it.  The problem was when you are on the Autocad LT  trouble shooting portion of the website and click on the hotfix it links it to the regular autocad hotfix.

Thanks my maps are working now.

Message 9 of 12
bigroo284

This was the same for me as it was the only option I could find but now all is well again Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Minhas.Azhar

Hi Everybody,

Can someone help me to provide the link for hotfix for Auto CAD 2018. I need to superimpose the master plan in google map.

Regards,

Ali

Minhas Ali Azhar
Senior Land Surveyor
Dubai Hills, Central Park (PA-17/PA-18)
KEO International Consultants, Dubai
Message 11 of 12
cadffm
in reply to: Minhas.Azhar

My google search words:

autocad geo location hotfix

Result:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoc...

HTH

- Sebastian -
Message 12 of 12
Minhas.Azhar
in reply to: Minhas.Azhar

Hi,

After installing from the given link, message appear as below.

Auto CAD Hotfix Installer

Installation Complete

These Products have Unsupported Versions:

Auto CAD 2018(22.0.161.0)

Regards

Minhas Ali Azhar
Senior Land Surveyor
Dubai Hills, Central Park (PA-17/PA-18)
KEO International Consultants, Dubai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost