Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font samples

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MartynCowley3208
920 Views, 4 Replies

Font samples

Is there a drawing somewhere that shows the different fonts (just the pre-loaded ones)?

When I am trying to match a font to an image it would be useful to be able to view all the characters in upper and lower case. I seem to remember that there used to be a drawing that did this - for the ACAD fonts, at least - not sure about the TT ones.

I also remember that in the Style dialogue you could enter text into the sample box to see what different characters looked like - now it only shows AaBb123, which is hardly definitive.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: MartynCowley3208

No such file: but you can easily make your own to keep for life or you can find examples with an internet search like THIS and others you can do on your own..

You can change AaBb123 using the MTJIGSTRING system variable.

Message 3 of 5
MartynCowley3208
in reply to: pendean

MTJIGSTRING actually sets the sample text that appears in the MTEXT location box when that command is started, not the example in the STYLE dialog.
Message 4 of 5
pendean

Ah! I misunderstood. You're out of luck there I believe, doesn't show up in any of the base DCL files or the Windows Registry.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

http://www.mightymeta.co.uk/web-safe-fonts-cheat-sheet-v-3-with-font-face-fonts-and-os-breakdown/

If that doesn't get it done for ya, there are lots of other ones I found just doing a quick Google search.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost