Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Run initialization every time i start Auto Cad 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
raymurphy
7628 Views, 7 Replies

First Run initialization every time i start Auto Cad 2015

i have read similar posts on this subject but i have not been able to get a solution. i am using LT 2015 but the problem was also there on LT 2014. Is there a solution to this problem

Ray Murphy
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: raymurphy

Start here and work down the list and see if that helps.
Message 3 of 8
drjohn

That's not unusual.  If you cold boot/start your box it will always say First Run Initializing.

We are in a heavy industrial area and we have such dirty power here we have to shut down our systems at night. Each morning when I boot up and launch ACAD it will say First Run Initializing on the splash screen.

Not to worry.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: pendean

I just realized the link I wanted to post never happened. Sorry about that, here it is http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/quot-First-Run-Initialization-quot-Every-Time-I...
Message 5 of 8
ScottHodges

So what is the problem ? The program must be initialised the first time it is run since a reboot.
Message 6 of 8
raymurphy
in reply to: ScottHodges

Every morning that I start my computer and launch A Cad cannot be classed as a REBOOT

Kind Regards

Ray Murphy
Project Manager

Kentz Engineers & Constructors
Gurtnafleur
Clonmel
Co. Tipperary
Ireland

T: + 353 52 6122811
F: + 353 52 6126021
M: + 353 87 2454410
E: ray.murphy@kentz.com
W: www.kentz.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Kentz Group, or its subsidiaries or affiliates either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
Ray Murphy
Message 7 of 8
drjohn

@raymurphy wrote:
Every morning that I start my computer and launch A Cad cannot be classed as a REBOOT

Kind Regards

Ray Murphy
Project Manager

Ummm ... if power is removed from a system and then reintroduced to the system it is a "reboot" or perhaps just a "boot".  When you start your system each morning it is a (cold) boot.
In computing, rebooting is the process by which a running computer system is restarted, either intentionally or unintentionally. Reboots can be either cold (alternatively known as hard) whereby the power to the system is physically turned off and back on again, (emphasis mine) causing an initial boot of the machine, or warm (alternatively known as soft) where the system restarts without the need to interrupt the power. The term restart is used to refer to a reboot when the operating system closes all programs and finalizes all pending input and output operations before initiating a soft reboot.
Source
Regards,
DJ
Message 8 of 8
dgorsman

Just so we are certain we're all talking about the same thing.  Are you referring to the splash screen, which specifcially says "First run initializing..." and then proceeds to list support files as they are loaded?  Or are you seeing the secondary installer, the small grey Windows dialog which says "Configuring _____"?  The former is normal; newer OS releases actually cache some program information as they are run so they can start faster later on.  The later is not normal, and requires some investigation.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost