Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fence Linetype Not Showing Properly

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gshuffs
13838 Views, 9 Replies

Fence Linetype Not Showing Properly

Hello All, 

Anyone have any thoughts about solving this linetype issue I am having with the linetype not showing properly??  Checkout the attached image for a visual.    

We use the X-----X-----X----- linetype for existing fences in our drafting standards.  

For some reason the existing fence linetype  which uses the X isn't showing up properly per the related image in the second drawing (X is below the line).  If I draw it directly into the file it draws like the second image.  If I adjust the linetype scale it increases or decreases the size and spacing of the X but doesn't place the X on the line.  

I purged the linetypes from the second drawing and then copy and pasted the first line into the drawing and it still showed up screwed up.  The other fence linetypes use circles and squares on the line and are fine.  

I played with the TSPACEFAC and TSPACETYPE a while ago to get our MTEXT line spacing to tighten up and reduce the spacing between multiple lines of text in the same multiline callouts. Since the fence uses an X, which is a letter, perhaps the system variable is moving the X off the line but I am out of ideas otherwise.  I played with that this morning and didn't get anywhere.  

Has anyone else ever experienced this??  

Thanks, 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: gshuffs

Are those screenshots from the same DWG file? If not, ISNERT the bad one into the good one and your linetype definition should get fixed.

Or post a DWG here instead of screenshots.

Message 3 of 10
gshuffs
in reply to: pendean

The INSERT command did the trick. 

Thanks, 

Gerrit 

Message 4 of 10
fourty9ers4life
in reply to: pendean

What do you mean by "insert bad into good"?.. I'm farely effecient with Acad but I'm having very similar issue.. One of my drawings WILL not show any linetypes with letters involved (i.e. Water lines, SD lines, Fencelines etc)... I've purged, reloaded, and a bunch of other tricks I've tried. 

Message 5 of 10

If it is just one drawing, I'd suggest your LTscale is out of whack. If it was all drawings, I'd suggest you may have the text style used for the linetypes defined to have a height other than zero, as the height defined by the text style will override the height in the linetype definition
Message 6 of 10

I've checked LTS, PSLTSCALE, MSLTSCALE, My annotation scales, My annotation text height and properties... It's only this drawing and where I xref this drawing. The linetypes come in good scaling for the distance between breaks but the text is coming in very small and below the line...

Message 7 of 10
pendean
in reply to: fourty9ers4life

Drawing A has the ptroblem = BAD ONE.
Drawing B has no such problem = GOOD ONE.

Open Drawing B, INSERT Drawing A into it and explode: does the problem fix itself? If yes, then WBLOCK out what you have inserted and create a new Drawing A-copy (don't actually replace your old one just in case you forgot soemthing).
Message 8 of 10

Did you check that the textstyle referenced in the linetype definition has a zero height in the format textstyle dialog box ? If it is other than zero, it will override the height in the linetype definition and produce the behaviour you have described
Message 9 of 10

Where do I find that dialog box?

Message 10 of 10

Format Menu > Textstyle. Or the textstyle button (looks like an A with a paintbrush underneath). Home tab on the ribbon > Text group, expand the annotation group at the bottom, there you will find the textstyle button described above. Or type STYLE at the command line

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost