Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
RachelleG
1318 Views, 13 Replies

Fatal Error

So I was having troubles trying to open my desktop subscription of AutoCAD 2015 LT earlier today. After troubleshooting I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program. I removed all Autodesk items and reinstalled the program. AutoCAD LT & 360 supposedly installed but I had a message that there was an issue with Autodesk Manager. If I try to open AutoCAD LT, I get a different Fatal Error message (see attachment). I've installed the two service packs from Autodesk to no avail. Can someone please help figure this out - I've just lost a day to work on a project with a very tight deadline.

I'm on a newer Dell Inspiron 17 5000 series, Windows 8.1.

I'm not the most computer savvy person so any detailed instruction will be much appreciated.

Please help, I'm really up a creek here.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
lynn_zhang
in reply to: RachelleG

Hi @RachelleG Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Try the solutions here: Fatal Error while opening AutoCAD. Also, I can't find your screenshot. If the issue is not solved, can you attach the screenshot again?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 14
RachelleG
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the program once more (removing my anti-virus for the installation so that it wouldn't interfere). Once again the Autodesk manager didn't install/download properly and when I try to open AutoCAD it says that there "was a corrupted pre-install...missing files"?!?

I don't know what to do? How can I get the Autodesk Manager to download?

Message 4 of 14
pendean

How to properly uninstall AutoCAD:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/cle...
More indepth method for ALL Autodesk products on your PC: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/rem...

Remember to restart Windows before attempting a reinstall.
Message 5 of 14
RachelleG
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I've done all that - followed all those steps, gone through every precaution and there is still an issue with the Desktop Manager installing! When I try to open AutoCAD LT I still get a fatal error message. I'm going into my 2nd work day completely unable to draft.I don't know what else to do?

Message 7 of 14
RachelleG

The newly reinstalled AutoCAD won't open so wouldn't it be at default settings already?

I can't open the program and when I try I get the "fatal error" message box first, then the "error handling".

Message 8 of 14
pendean

Boot into Windows safe mode, and start AutoCAD: still crashes on opening? http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/
What's an "autodesk manager" exactly? You keep mentioning it.
Message 9 of 14
RachelleG

So the program was able to open when I booted in safe mode but it immediatley said that is was unlisenced/unauthorized (which is not true since I have a current desktop subscription, utilizing my key-code to download the program in the first place).

I don't know what exactly the Autodesk Manager is but when I do the initial reinstall of the program, I get a message saying that the "Autodesk Manager was missing files".

Any ideas?

Message 10 of 14
RachelleG

Sorry - the program shut down immediately when it said it was unauthorized.

So still no Autocad.

Message 11 of 14
asburyj

You won't be able to run in Save mode because the licensening components won't be running. Can you boot back to normal mode and check your internet explorer settings as shown below 

1. On the workstation, check the Internet Explorer connection settings.
    • Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools > Options.
    • Access the "Connections" Tab.
    • Click "Lan Settings."
    • The settings should look like the screenshots below. If any boxes are checked, uncheck them.:
  Local Area Network settings
  • Click "Ok" 
  • Try Launching AutoCAD LT Again. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 12 of 14
RachelleG
in reply to: asburyj

So I reset windows to the factory settings & have benn able to install AutoCAD LT. Now when I try to open the program it's showing my security code but asking for another one? I don't understand why it won't use the one showing since it is valid and I've only used it on this computer.

I did do the internet explorer - lan settings thing (one box was checked) and that seemed to make a difference to actually getting the program to open.

I don't understand why there are so many issues with this....any ideas on how to get it to activate with my desktop subscription security code?

Message 13 of 14
asburyj

Can you select the option to just connect to the internet an activate automatically? You shouldn't need a manual activation code.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 14 of 14
RachelleG
in reply to: asburyj

After all the headaches I had with Fatal errors, unistall/reinstall, etc....I just needed customer service to add another email address (that I was usingO to activate my sercirity key code.

So now, finally, AutoCAD is working for me. I am a bit hesitant to get relaxed though because I did get a message during the reinstall that "autodesk manager application failed to load/install due to missing files"? But at least I can get some work done.

Thanks for all everyones help. I did try all steps provided and I'm sure those tips plus resetting my windows back to factory settings are what helped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost