Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error in AutoCAD LT 2006

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
stubbes
2181 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal error in AutoCAD LT 2006

Windows 7 - 64 bits receiving multiple fatal errors during the day:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 5fa187abh

Anyone have a solution for this?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: stubbes

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

New problem?

Any Windows updates? Especailly .NET updates?

Waht changed on the computer recently?

Message 3 of 10
stubbes
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Has been going on for a couple of weeks now, no Windows updates in that period.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

... and most importantly: what triggers the crash?

BTW, LT2006 is not supported in Win7, you are so out of luck for official support. However, Microsoft offers so much free advice on installing old software in Win7 it's worth checking there and if all else fails look for a program called LONGBOW that many users like yourself find helpful in running old software in newer Windows versions.

Don't gloss over that last paragraph I wrote: read it, comprehend it, do something proactive about it. You went beyond the norm with Win7 64bit.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 10
stubbes
in reply to: pendean

So you're saying the fatal error is caused by running LT2006 on Windows 7 64 bits, or is that an assumption? Before I start looking into a solution like Longbow, I would like to make sure it's a compatibility error.

Message 6 of 10
Charles_Shade

Uninstall the AutoCAD LT

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Uninstall all .NETS and C++ on the computer.

Reinstall the LT 2006 using XP emulation mode and as an Administrator on the System

Open AutoCAD LT 2006 as an administrator and activate. Does it run?

Message 7 of 10
pendean

No, I'm saying if you want a definitive fix there is none as your setup in not supported. No one in the year 2005 was planning on WIndows 7 with LT2006.

If the problem is recent, Windows System Restore back to a month the problem started will fix it.
If the problem is a set of files you started using two weeks ago, fix the files.

You are avoiding my first question: what is the trigger?
Message 8 of 10
stubbes

The trigger is opening any .dwg file.

Message 9 of 10
pendean

Then you need a dramatic fix or more as noted by all so far, or a permanent solution that addresses your unsupported combination of software/OS.
Message 10 of 10
pontiacgp

My Auto Cad LT 2006 (running on Windows 10 in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 3) had been trouble free but began giving the same Fatal Error today when I clicked on the "open" icon.

Specifically: "Unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at 5fa187abh"

In another, more helpful string, there was a similar issue on Windows 7 solved by updating the display adapter driver.

I updated the display adapter driver and the issue was solved.

This post was intended as a potential answer and not specifically as a reply to pendean, but as a new member i clicked on the wrong button.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost