Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting/Plotting to PDF - excel information missing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1383 Views, 7 Replies

Exporting/Plotting to PDF - excel information missing

I'm having an issue plotting or exporting a dwg to pdf.  When I have a dwg with a linked excel table and want to plot a layout, everything plots except the excel table.  I'm running LT 2012, windows 7 pro (64-bit).  I send the same file over to a friend running LT 2011 an he adjust the viewport boundaries slightly and he encounters no problem either plotting or exporting to pdf.  I've tried the same with no success.  My Adobe Reader is up to date as well. 

Any suggestions?  Or is ther a patch for this problem I haven't found?

Thanks everyone!

Alfredo-GA

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What PDF driver are you using?

What PDF driver are they using?

We have no issues doing the same with either LT2011 or LT2012. Also ensure your LT is fully updated and fully patched.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your response.  Great questions, I'm actually not too sure on how to check which pdf driver I am using.  Can you educate me?

My LT does have latest updates/patches installed.

Thanks

Alfredo-GA

Message 4 of 8
pendean

If you use EXPORT, you are using the default DWG TO PDF driver, built-in. If you are plotting or publishing, you can choose another driver.

What are you plotting to where the Excel dispappears?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay,

I guess the only option (for pdf) I see when plotting is the DWG to PDF driver.  Should I have more than one PDF driver?  I did notice that when selecting this driver, and previewing a layout, the excel table does appear.  It disappears when I do plot.  Not sure if that bears any relevance.

I've tried the ePLOT drivers, they plot to DWF with no errors. 

Thank you again for your time.

Alfredo-GA

Message 6 of 8
pendean

If it works plotting to DWF, it ought to work plotting to PDF: can you share this file?

Sorry if I asked this before, but if you insert another Excel sheet into a different DWG file can you still not plot to PDF in LT2012?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Unfortunately, I can't share the file.  I recreated the dwg from scratch again, and now I can plot the excel table that is linked.  PFM?  Problem solved I guess.

Now if I try to just cut and paste the same table into the dwg (instead of using datalink), that image doesn't plot.  is this normal? 

Message 8 of 8
Snoweng

This is interesting as I have encountered the very same problem with all the same variables. By the way, it is just one drawing that I am having this issue of a disappearing Excel spreadsheet. Gonna try re-creating the drawing to see if that remedies the problem.

Juan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost