Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting my files from current version of AutoCAD LT to older versions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rrinehart
509 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting my files from current version of AutoCAD LT to older versions

This is probably a very generic question but I need to know before I by a current version of LT. Is there a way to export files from a newer version of AutoCAD LT to an older version without to many compatabilty issues. Just so you know what I am dealing with I am trying to go from 2015 to 2004. If you can link me to the information or explain it here I would find it very helpful, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: rrinehart

DWG Trueview convert should do you OK. I think there is a batch convert in there also.

Be advised that you will lose all of the newer version intelligence (in the drawing, that is  Smiley Very Happy ) by doing so.  eg: multileaders will not convert back, dynamic blocks ... etc ... etc ...

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 4
rrinehart
in reply to: drjohn

thank you dr.john. Now I have done a little research on the trueviewer and there seems to problem with main download of DWG trueview, do you know of a working link for that? if not thats fine, just asking. Thank you again for the info.
Message 4 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: rrinehart

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost