Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting DWG to EPS while maintaining proper scale.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
joegrace
22866 Views, 7 Replies

Exporting DWG to EPS while maintaining proper scale.

I am using AutCAD LT 2012 and I cannot figure out how to convert my drawings to EPS while maintaining the scale of the dwg. When my artists import them in Adobe, they show up as an 8.5" x 11" sheet. I can not for the life of me figure out how to change the properties. Can anyone else help me with this problem?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: joegrace

How are you doing it now?

What scale is the output supposed to be?

Message 3 of 8
joegrace

I am currently using the PSOUT command. I would like it to be a 1:1 scale, as that is how we need to send the artwork to our vendors.  I've seen in a few places to use the PLOTTERMANAGER command, but I cant figure out how to change the settings on that.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

PSOUT is a plot function, defaults to letter size I believe. Much like PNGOUT and other ***OUT commands.

PLOTTERMANAGER command's ADD-A-Plotter Wizard lets you create an Adobe Postscript plotter, you can set output to File (EPS is then default): edit the resulting PC3 file to control options such as output DPI, fonts, color and so on.

But you are still plotting to a paper size, so your 1:1 must actually fit on a page for it to work.

Message 5 of 8
joegrace
in reply to: pendean

So is there any way to export a DWG file into any format that adobe can open up as 1:1 scale?

Message 6 of 8
pendean

What "adobe" exactly?

Only if it fits on a paper size available: EPS is not DWG or CAD, and AutoCAD is not Photoshop/Illustrator.

Message 7 of 8
joegrace
in reply to: pendean

the artist is using Adobe Illustrator. I am open for any way to get these drawings into AI as long as they are to scale. Is there a way to rescale the drawing once its in Adobe?

Message 8 of 8
pendean

Illustrator can open DWG files I believe, you might have to save down to a lower DWG format. And it can rescale content too.

ADobe has end-user public support forums for help with their products, consider posting over there for how best to get content into Illustrator and how best to get "proper scale" http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa?promoid=JOPCT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost