Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting ACAD images to WMF file

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
George_B
360 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting ACAD images to WMF file

I am creating images for an instruction manual and I am inserting CAD images were needed as WMF.

I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the amount of boundry area in that exported image?

I would also consider an alternative file format if it is easier.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: George_B

PLOT to a raster file format that works for you, instead of exporting, and you get all the controls of plotting.

PLOTTERMANAGER command to set up your desired raster output format (I personally prefer PNG).

Message 3 of 4
George_B
in reply to: pendean

I tried to create a plotter through the plotter manager for a PostScript Level 1 file.

I created an EPS file without a problem.  The lineweights are good, but the output leaves a blank boundry area on the perimeter of the image that is too large for this case.

It remains the same regardless if I use a window for my selection or not.

Please advise.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: George_B

EPS? Now there is format you don't use for capturing screenshots.

Does your page size, or custom page size, match your desired image/no border size? Just like paper printing, there is paper size to contend with too. See attached, a 2x15 EPS.

Perhaps you just need to screen capture content with a good free tool like Gadwin Printscreen (window only what you want).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost