Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export ARG file from AutoCAD LT

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
NormsAUS
4312 Views, 10 Replies

Export ARG file from AutoCAD LT

Hi.

Could anyone please help.

I have AutoCAD LT 2010 at work, and AutoCAD 2010 at College and the Profile Settings at College are extremely shocking and I am wanting to get my profile from work onto the College computers.

I think this would be easiest done saving my profile as an ARG but I am having troubles doing that in AutoCAD LT.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

P.S. What's a CUIX and will this help at all?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: NormsAUS

I don't know if it's still in 2010, but in 2008 and 2009 you can use MIGRATE SETTINGS from the Autocad group in the windows start menus.

START

PROGRAMS

AUTODESK

MIGRATE SETTINGS

Is the path I would use on my XP machine with LT 2009

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 11
Charles_Shade

If you created a custom CUI file on your work computer just copy that file to the College CUI folder and then use that workspace in CAD.

Should get you pretty close. Any customizations that you have are going to be in the Support folder under Docs and Settings and these would need to be copied also.

CUIx: http://blog.jtbworld.com/2009/02/how-to-edit-cuix-files-introduced-in.html

Message 4 of 11
bud
Explorer

Hello,

There is no option to export an ARG (Profile) in LT.  But as pointed out, you can Export your settings from your work computer and then Import them on the Collage Computer. 

I would be sure to check with the instructor first though.  They may not want you modifying the settings on the Collage Computers.  Also many schools use third party tools and also only give you USER rights on the systems so that students won't be able to make a mess of the computers.  They may also use software such as Ghost to set systems back to a specific state and all the changes would be gone.  

Hope this helps.

Bud

Bud Schroeder
Senior Test Engineer
AutoCAD Test Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
NormsAUS

Cheers!

I will be sure to try them all.

Yes I am aware that I would probably need to reload all the changes every time. If I can get my settings up how I am wanting, I am hoping to save an ARG file, and import that everytime I start.

Again thanks for your prompt suggestions, I am very thankful 🙂

Message 6 of 11
bud
Explorer

Hello,

That's the key.  There are no ARG files in AutoCAD LT.  It's never used ARG Files.  I would really suggest that you work with the instructor if there is something specific your trying to setup?  You may just need to copy your CUIx file to a folder and just point to it.  

>>>Yes I am aware that I would probably need to reload all the changes every time. If I can get my settings up how I am wanting, I am hoping to save an ARG file, and import that everytime I start.<<<

Thanks for posting to the Discussion Groups.

Bud

Bud Schroeder
Senior Test Engineer
AutoCAD Test Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 11
NormsAUS
in reply to: bud

Thanks Bud.

When I go to College next week I will try it out.

The lecturer is a real nice guy but doesn't have any idea how to set it up 😞 and didn't really see the necessity of me setting it up, but doesn't mind if I do.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 8 of 11
NormsAUS

Thanks Everyone.

Problem solved.

A friend was able to send me their profile as .arg. Now I have it saved and can use it everytime I go to college.

Thanks 🙂

Message 9 of 11
Charles_Shade

Interesting.

The Autodesk Guru says your cannot use an ARG file.

The OP say it's possible.

What is an ARG file? And how do you, the OP, use it in AutoCAD?

Is this a type of zip file?

Message 10 of 11
NormsAUS
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Sorry if I confused you there :S

I have LT at work

and Full version at College.

AutoCAD LT doesn't support .arg files. (Well you can't save or open (import/export) profile files)

The full version does.

Hope this helps and that your able to overcome your problem.

Good luck,

Norms.

Message 11 of 11
Charles_Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost