Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when trying to plot

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
243 Views, 5 Replies

error when trying to plot

Hello, 

since a while I have a strange problem with Autocad LT 2012 (on my computer with win Vista).

When I try to plot in ANY drawing, I sometimes get an error, and Autocad just shuts down. This happens not always, but at random times (especially when I haven't saved for 30'...Smiley Sad)

Anyone with experience in this issue?

Best regards, 

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Corrupt drawing perhaps?

Since you have noticed this to be any drawing do you use Xrefs or maybe blocks?

Have you tried RECOVER or AUDIT on a file after it crashes to see if it reports any errors in the file?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

File corrupt does not seem plausible.

The file(s) do contain xref's (I alsmost always work with them).

Next error I will do an audit. See what that gives.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have been getting this error too.

I ran Audit and there were no errors.

I have found if I'm viewing model space from paper space it's more likely to occur and since I've started clicking on the paperspace icon just before ploting (AND saving!!) i've not had another crash..... fingers crossed!

Would still be nice to know why this is occuring though.

Message 5 of 6
Charles_Shade

Autodesk Info Center crashes regularly here when I plot but not the program.

There may be a plotting glitch out there.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

>>>...but at random times...<<<

That usually means the error is file related, not the program: it is happens all the time in all drawings it's a program or program setup issue.

It does not mean the file is corrupt (although it never hurt to use RECOVER command to open the file, but you must do so for each Xref separately first), it may mean the plot parameters in that file or in that one layout are invalid or the files they seek are corrupt or missing.

Try to better identify which files do this, and ensure you can repeat it constantly first so that you can confirm it is a problem, and not just a glitch-of-the-moment that goes away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost