Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Not Responding"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mhaygood
446 Views, 4 Replies

Error "Not Responding"

I'm using AutoCad LT 2013 and when I'm working on larger dwgs I can get delay in funtionanlity and get and error that says "Not Responding".   I have a HP z420 work station using 8GB of memory.   Any fixes!?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: mhaygood

Define "larger dwgs" please: 'not responding" is Windows OS telling you to sit on your hands and wait until it and the application are finished doing the task(s) at hand. You'll see that a lot with underpowered 8Gig RAM PCs and huge files.
Message 3 of 5
mhaygood
in reply to: pendean

Actually the drawings aren’t even large. It’s only 3,654 KB in size!  Plus, this only happens with a few drawings not all.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: mhaygood

If a few drawings and not all, try to find out why is unique about these files that force the program and the OS to take time processing.
Could be missing fonts, big fonts, missing XREFs or images, incorrect pagesetup, missing plotter or printer, files are on a slow thumb drive to name a few.
Message 5 of 5
mhaygood
in reply to: pendean

I think I wlll look into upping my memory from the 8GB.  What size memory do you reccommend?  Thanks again for the assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost