Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Error messages when trying to use DWG to PDF within AutoCAD LT 2010

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JamesPowell7164
885 Views, 6 Replies

Error messages when trying to use DWG to PDF within AutoCAD LT 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen

I run ACAD LT 2010 on a Windows XP machine and also a Vista Laptop. I have tried to print the same drawing on both machines using the DWG to PDF facility with in AutoCAD. The drawing is a third party drawing in as much as I didn't draw it although it is an authentic ACAD DWG.

I get the same message but referring to different fonts - the message reads on the Vista machine:

"Cannot find or create the font "ArialMT". Some characters may not display or print correctly"

On the Windows XP machine it reads:

"Cannot find or create the font "Tahoma". Some characters may not display or print correctly"

The message seems to be generated by Adobe Reader.

Does any body have any ideas as I looked a right Charlie when I presented work that I thought was complete to one of my clients.

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: JamesPowell7164

The DWG to PDF.PC3 driver needs to be set to capture all fonts: PLOTTERMANAGER command, then double-click on the PC3 file in question, go to the Device Settings Tab, Custom Properties section, click on button with same name, and set the Font Handling to CAPTURE ALL.

Message 3 of 7
JamesPowell7164
in reply to: pendean

Dean

Thanks for that. Is the default not set to capture all? If it isn't, is there a negative to setting it to capture all (file sizes larger etc)?

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: JamesPowell7164

Not a default setting, and the only problem I see is it avoids error messages as you noted above šŸ™‚

Message 5 of 7
JamesPowell7164
in reply to: pendean

Bloomin typical!!!

Thanks again Dean.

Message 6 of 7

Error 114 messages when trying to use DWG to PDF within AutoCAD LT 2010, can you please assist, The drawing is a third party drawing in as much as I didn't draw it although,

Wasim Muawar

Message 7 of 7
ScottHodges
in reply to: wasimmunawar

Do you have all the fonts that are in the drawing ? both autocad and windows fonts ? Does autocad give you a font error message when it opens the drawing ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost