Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error installation complete. Some products failed to install :autocad lt 2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1278 Views, 5 Replies

error installation complete. Some products failed to install :autocad lt 2013

A customer has a company where they use Construction drawings.
They recently bought a version Autodesk LT 2013 because they have to open specific drawings and this program would do the trick.…If the program can be installed and at that is the problem.

The program must be installed on a Dutch Windows XP pro sp3 32 bits.

I first scanned the computer for malware and there were a lot of them.
After remove malware I scanned the system for errors via chkdsk and SFC and that was fine.

I upgraded the IE to IE8 version and installed all the available updates from the Microsoft website.
However, the installation did not work.
I noticed that the frameworks 4.0 were not automatically installed and I did this by hand along with “Entity framework 4.1” and the required Framework 4.0 update 1, but no installation.

I keep getting the error "installation complete. Some products failed to install".

I do notice that the installations from the updates did some improvement because the time of installation (before the final error) is much larger than in the beginning. (More progress)

Finally, I made an image of the system and did a repair, where windows files are restored.
But this didn’t help also.

Via Google I found a remark about the log-file of AutoCAD lT 2013 but there are so many remarks, I can’t figure it out. (i have two log-files and the biggest is file size 7mb).

I have to mansion that on this computer other software is installed that not can be removed.
It is software for invoice purpose and there are other AutoCAD’s installed like AutoCAD 2004, AutoCAD LT 2007.

I know that the older AutoCAD LT 2007 can interfere with the new one but I have to be certain before removing this one. I assume that AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT are two different programs and are not interfering with each other?

So my questions are:

Does anyone have some more tips to make this work?
Can AutoCAD LT 2007 give some trouble when I install AutoCAD LT 2013 next to it?
Is it possible that the browser (IE8 fully updated) is too old for this software?

I know IE8 is too old for some websites and maybe for this software to.

(Hopefully my explanation is clear enough because my native language is Dutch)

greets

Bruno

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update:

I tried to install the program again but now I went to custom install.

There, I unmarked the service pack 2 to install after the program.

I still got the error but now, I can rule out that the sp’s has to do with it.

I looked at the settings for custom install but I don’t know what I can uncheck there.
May I install the parts one by one or do I have to leave some marks on for some parts that need to install together?

Greets

Bruno

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Can you post or share the log file? If its too big to post try to compress it with ZIP or some free FTP site around the Net.
Or remove all instances of .NET and Visual C++, restart Windows and try the installation again.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Thank you for the reply.

I looked at the logs but there were 3 files, so I made a copy and removed them.
I tried a reinstallation of the AutoCAD and it made 3 new files.

Now I know that these files are from this installation.

I usually work with winrar but that is not supported by this forum.
I looked for a WinZip program but the extension with the new WinZip is zipx, also not supported.
I finally put it online and here are the URL’s.

install log en-us

install log

setup log

I am living in Belgium, so there is probably a time difference to answer.

Greets

Bruno

Message 5 of 6
pendean

You have the classic 1619 DirectX Runtime error and a failed language pack install error 1624.
It looks like the installer is also having issues accessing/deleting the installation files from C:\Windows\Installer folder.
Otherwise, it says:
"Product: AutoCAD LT 2013 - English -- Installation operation completed successfully"

Perhaps this computer was more damaged that you thought (see your first post). A Windows reformat of the HardDrive may be in order.
YOu can look up 1619 and 1624 errors around this Autodesk server, many tips to try too.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dean,

I tried to understand what you posted in the last post and found the errors you told about.

It looks like the update didn’t work and the rollback deleted the directx also.
I tried to install the directx separate but with no avail.

Because there are also other errors, I did send a mail to the person who normally is in direct contact with the owner and I think, like you mentioned, the computer is to far damaged.

So, we go for a reinstall of the computer.

Note:
Sometimes I draw with Inventor and I like the program very much.
But with this program, I had a lot of work, and probably I cannot bill all the hours to the customer.
I have to reinstall the computer and also the AutoCAD on the new system and I hope it will be fine now.

Would it not be easier for the people who want to install the programs, to show more detailed info about the errors at the end of a failed installation?
Now you are facing the bar, that is mentioned in my first post and I did two days to find out there is a log in the system, which is very complicated also.

Maybe a suggestion to the developers of this program? 😉

I want sincere thank you for bringing me on the right track, though it wasn’t a good ending for the installed system. J

Greets

Bruno

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost