Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding Jpg's

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
379 Views, 5 Replies

Embedding Jpg's

I'm trying to put our logo onto a drawing sheet. When i cut and paste a jpg from a word document i get a frame around the image in the drawing sheet. Is there some way of getting rid of this. I have tried 'frame' set to '0' and then 'oleframe' to '0' and neither seem to have worked. We are trying to do it so the image is embedded not linked so we can forward the drawing template to external sources. I only dabble in autoCAD so would be glad if anyone knows how to set this up.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the frame print?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

No it doesn't!!!!!! What an elementary mistake!

It is printing very poor quality. What is the best format to get a logo into the drawing sheet?

Regards

Ivan Holding
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Quality depends on the source, source file actual size, and if you had to
scale it up in LT or not. 99% of logos are just too small and low-res to
work.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 5 of 6
ScottHodges

Having had some experience with this, as some clients demand their logo be included on the drawings. As previous repliers have said, the image files are horrendously low quality. The logo appears different, and or in a different location, depending on the machine it was opened on and or printed from, and / or the printer used. I have found the most effective answer is to trace or create the logo in AutoCAD. Most clients cannot discern the difference in the plotted drawing or do not believe the difference is significant enough to concern them. Sorry, i missed your original question: the best format is .wmf (windows metafile), but unfortunately most applications no longer support conversion to this format. Edited by: ScottHodges on Mar 3, 2010 4:07 PM
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Many thanks for the advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost