Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational stamp WARNING not showing up, not an issue with removing the stamp.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
rtutt
4053 Views, 16 Replies

Educational stamp WARNING not showing up, not an issue with removing the stamp.

This is not your typical educational product stamp removal post I have read tons of them.  First off let me go ahead and state that the company I work for has full version legaly purchased seats of AutocadLT (we don't use full because LT works just fine for our drafting purposes) for every employee.  We had one member taking drawings home, without permission, and working on them with an educational version of Autocad.  This employee has since been fired so we don't have to worry about that anymore.  Some of the "corrupted" files have made their ways into various projects and we can fix it when it pops up.  The issue is that on my perticular machine I am running 2014 and all others are using 2012.  I do NOT get the message on my computer stating that it is an educational product so I may copy something from a file not knowing it is an educational file and corrupting a good file.

Is there some reason I am not getting the educational product message pop-up when oppening a "corrupted" file?  I have adjusted the startup value from 0-1-2 with no change.  Is there something with 2014 that does not allow this message to pop up?  The only way we can finally remove these files is by being able to recoginize them on my perticular machine and fixing them.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: rtutt

Every warning has a check box at the bottom of the pop-up that in efect says "never show this again". You or someone at your PC did that. This is true in 2012 and 2014.

I believe OPTIONS command's SYSTEM tab has a HIDDEN MESSAGES SETTINGS button that will let you restore all of those 'never show me again' pop-ups. Try it and find out.
Message 3 of 17
rtutt
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the quick response.  I went into the hidden message settings and re-enabled several messages which none stated anything about an educational stamp.  Closed the file & Acad just to be sure, restarted and I still do not get the message.  I confirmed on the 2012 machines that the file I was opening was indeed "educational". 

Message 4 of 17
Charles_Shade

Perhaps a repair install on your LT 2014 seat will restore the warning? Back up Customizations first.

Apparently I have hidden a lot of messages as I have a tree of checks to try. Does yours not have these to choose from?:

Hidden.jpg

I'm wondering if the Version Conflict worning would do the trick. Fortunately I cannot test.

If you have a reseller contact them for help in removing the stamp.

If you do not have a reseller find one and get the help. You already know you are behind the ball on this.

Message 5 of 17
rtutt
in reply to: Charles_Shade

In my second comment I had attached a picture showing my current hidden message settings which do not show any check boxes.   A reinstall might be possible some time soon but currently work load is pretty high so that might not be for a few weeks.  I am not in charge of purchasing Acad for our company so I am not sure on the reseller but I can find out and should be able to contact them.

Also can you please clarify what you meant by 

Charles_Shade wrote:You already know you are behind the ball on this.

Are you referring to if I do not have a reseller?

Message 6 of 17
hwalker

No he's referring to the fact that you know you have educational stamps in your drawing and are trying to get rid of them.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 17
rtutt
in reply to: hwalker

We can't help the fact that one of our ex-employees used an educational product with our files outside of the office without permission and then spread it around.  That issue has been dealt with now we are trying to fix everything he broke, but I am unable to tell if a file is educational or not.  My creating this post was not intended for learning how to remove the stamp, that I know how to do.  It was so I can figure out why I do not get the message.

This reminded me.  When I print from this machine I do not get the stamp itself on the sheet I print.  Which makes me think it has something to do with 2014.  Perhaps they removed the educational stamp for 2014 all together, which would also remove the warning?

Message 8 of 17
maxim_k

Hi all.

It appears, that OP is correct about:

"Perhaps they removed the educational stamp for 2014 all together, which would also remove the warning?"

I just did a quick test with DWG file edited in Student version of AC (attached)

In AC 2014 (both Win and Mac) I did not get any warnings and EDU plot stamps (see attached AC 2014 PDF)

In AC 2013 for Mac - I get warning with this file and I can see EDU plot stamp in PDF (see attached AC 2013 PDF)

Any ideas?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 9 of 17
Charles_Shade
in reply to: maxim_k

I suspect an oversite on the part of Autodesk if that is the case that the EDU warning and banner are gone when opened with 2014 Products. Hotfix anyone?

For the OP though they may unwittingly continue spreading the EDU virus if the warning is not there.

Message 10 of 17
nestly2
in reply to: maxim_k

maxim_k wrote:

It appears, that OP is correct about:

"Perhaps they removed the educational stamp for 2014 all together, which would also remove the warning?"

It has been reported and confirmed that some AutoCAD2014 installs do not display the EDU plotstamp warning when they should.  I'm not aware that a cause or solution has been found yet.  (I do get a EDU warning for the test drawing posted above)

Until a solution is found, perhap using DotSofts free EDU scan will help.  I've never used it, but it's supposed to scan folders and detect EDU dwgs.

http://www.dotsoft.com/freestuff.htm

Message 11 of 17
Charles_Shade
in reply to: nestly2

No warning of EDU content here on LT 2014

Message 12 of 17
nestly2

There is also an EduFinder app/plugin available via Autodesk Exchange for AutoCAD2012 and newer.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aedufindertria...

Message 13 of 17
rtutt
in reply to: nestly2

Unfortunately neither the EduFinder or the DotSoft EDU scan appear to be compatible with LT.

Message 14 of 17
djteresinski

I know the exact issue your talking about. We've had this issue at my work place as well.

A few people still run 2012 or unpatched 2014 (non SP1) and inform my group all the time of the issue.  Since we are on 2014 SP1 we don't see the warnings anymore and its a real headache since by the time someone else see's it multiple revisions or changes done to said drawing.

No one internally is sending us files that have this its from outside vendors that we've been getting them from and let me just say its a HUGE headache.

Thankfully I have a licensed copy of 2015 that strips the stamp out of the drawings just by saving it but we are not fully on that version yet.  Still lots of plugin's do not work with the newer version.  As the OP mentioned, re-installing is just not an option at this time, since SP1 fixed a bunch of issues on my setup's going back to stock is counter productive.

With that said, autodesk should of given us an option of being able to show or hide the educational stamp messages.  While annoying it would be nice and hopefully could purge the drawing and let said vendor know to get on the ball and get proper software.  Instead we are just tripping and working to fix the issues in our drawings.

Message 15 of 17
pendean
in reply to: djteresinski

No one has to 'send' you a file: many free blocks on the internet are posted by students using EDU content so while all your internal files may be clean, a user helping themselves to a free block somewhere can introduce it back to your files.

Autodesk has, for the moment, to simply decided that moving forward this stamp will disappear since as of this Saturday everyone needs to be on subscription. Older seats like yours are probably not on subscription so perhaps they wish to have an incentive to jump on that bus perhaps? IDK.

Autodesk Upgrade Pricing Ends January 31, 2015 http://cadablog.blogspot.com/2015/01/autodesk-upgrade-pricing-ends-january-31.html
Message 16 of 17
djteresinski
in reply to: pendean

While I understand where your coming from with blocks.  While some companies might do that... my industry is not one that you can just go to the web and pickup a block at random.  We require detailed pieces of equipment to get the job done in our layouts.  These come from vendors that manufacture the pieces of equipment which are typically coming from a 3D Package of some sorts.

As for my seats, we are on subscription.  We do have a newer version to use.  Though its not stock AutoCAD either.  Many different plug in's have to work to do my job.  If they can't be done I have to use an older version of the software.  For instance I have to use 2012 for pricing aspects because its not coded to work with newer versions because of .NET differences and different commands that was previosuly in the program have been renamed/removed.  There are many other changes as well.  Though other items are strictly 2013/2014 that I've personally made, which doesn't work with 2015 or later yet.

Sadly higher ups make the choice to keep on older versions of AutoCAD and while I want to move to newer ones I've tried to take it in my hands to do some programing to hopefully speed it along but I have to have time and learn along the way.  Not as easy.  My section of the company actually has a newer version then most.  Some are still on 2010.

With the ED stamp it just makes us look bad, even though we personally didn't do anything wrong and its coming from someone else.  Would be nice if they did the modification in 2014 SP1 of not only hiding the stamp but removing it like in 2015.  If your not going to give use the choice of hiding it and not knowing its existance at least remove it.

Message 17 of 17
pendean

Agreed: the edu stamp was designed to make you look bad, so it is doing its job in that respect.

I for one wish it stayed: it's a great tool to use against competitors 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost