Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic block - array

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
CKNidge
4716 Views, 9 Replies

Dynamic block - array

Hi,

i have created a block with a dynamic array. this allows me to increment the block in dims of 750 either way to multiply the block object - perfect 🙂

on the the object are 2 further parameters - Rotation & visiblity. The problem is when the block is multiplied within the array. The objects multipy but the trotation & visibly stays as one. I was wanting to be able to individually turn on / off the visibility for each block instances and rotate individually rather than all of the rotating parts rotate around the one instance. See image attached.

On the image called "correct", 4 instances of the block with invidual visibily options

On the image called "incorrect", 4 instances of the block but the visiblity & rotation in only one instance and as you can see, the circles have rotaed around the one point which is incorrect.

Can this be done ?

thanks

Nigel

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: CKNidge

What you want to do cannot be done the way you are doing it. Array only makes arrays of drawing objects (e.g lines, circles, polylines) nothing else.

The only other way to do this is to copy the block 4 times as I assume you have done in the 'correct' drawing.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 10
CKNidge

Hi,

im trying to make it dynamic enough to be able to fill areas of around 13 metres x 13 metres ( 166 sqm ) which would populate with approx 320 panels. This obviously would be timely if i was to copy every time. So, the dynamic blocks are not si dynamic afterall :S

i'll live with a separate block for now that i can place on top of the array block.......

Thanks for your response 🙂

Nidge

Message 4 of 10
steven-g

You could just use the one block, but then use the standard array command. You would still have to adjust all the visibility states by hand, unless you want them all the same then you could select all of them and make the change in the properties pallete.

Message 5 of 10
CKNidge

I did think about that but i wanted it automated. The panels are always 750 array in both directions but i have looked at a way of arraying this with a macro yet as i would need user input for the x, y array columns / rows.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
steven-g

Macro:

^C^Ci;NAME;\1;1;0;array;l;;r;\\750;750;

replace NAME with the name of your block,This will insert your block at a base point of the users choice, then will ask the user for the number of rows and columns and array the block every 750.

Message 7 of 10
CKNidge

Hi

Thanks for that. it worked ok 🙂 it would however, confuse some of the 'less participating' cad users so to speak lol... Unless its completely fool proof, they wont use it and will only find issues :S

So,

moving back to the array dynamic block, i can live with adding the circle as a separate block so it can be positioned to the centre of the panel where needed and the rotation will then be localised to that block. Can you add attributes to a polar x,y paramater set so for example, a pop up box appears for the user to put in x, y dims like:

Please enter floor size X: 13000

Please enter floor size Y: 11000

and the array populate that area in the array to the nearest 750 or am i never going to achieve that?

Thanks

Nigel

Message 8 of 10
steven-g

Another option, the block called vis has your visibility state,and the block called array arrays the block called vis. Insert the block called Array - array it to the area you need then xplode it, and change your vis states as needed.

Message 9 of 10
CKNidge

Hi,

this method worked great thanks 🙂

Nigel

Message 10 of 10
haydee3

hi Im beginner with the dynamic blocks and Im trying to do array to my block vertical and horizontal direccion. I can do the parameter and the accion just one time, in any way (vertical and horizontal). If I have the horizontal first then it doesnt allow me to do the vertical, it says that the object is already related to one parameter. The question is, Can I do doble array for one block at a time?.  Please helpe me to find out.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost