Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwg working yesterday, won't open today

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cwright
234 Views, 1 Reply

dwg working yesterday, won't open today

Yesterday I did a considerable amount of work in a drawing. I drafted quite a bit in it, and I also inserted another dwg of about the same size and exploded it to make one large map.

Now when I try to open it, it comes up with the same "One or more SHX files are missing" error that it always does, but when I click "Ignore", the file just loads and loads and eventually stops responding. I tried using the .bak file and the RECOVER command to access the file, but neither worked. Someone else was able to get the file to open in a full version of AutoCAD. I've worked in larger files than this before, so I wouldn't think that it's a processing issue.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to get the drawing to open again?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: cwright

Ignoring messages is never a good idea. Fix the problem.

If another user was able to open your file, ask them to fix it for you: AUDIT command, followed by a PURGE, followed by fixing the missing SHX files, and even if needed WBLOCK or -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD commands to create new files for you.

File corruption happens: there is no one cause or one fix. Glad you got it back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost