Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG to DGN error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Gabriel_Endress
2080 Views, 9 Replies

DWG to DGN error

Hi all

I'm trying to export some DWG drawings to DGN to use them in Microstation (our customer needs the drawings in DGN files).

When I try to export the drawings, the output files are not right, in some cases the drawings are blank, sometimes there are pasts missing or the draw is modified.

Could you give me some hints about this trouble.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Gabriel_Endress

Well, it's an inexact science since there isn't always a 1:1 correlation between the objects and properties in one application vs. the other.

What kinds of things are in your DWG files? Simple stuff such as lines, polylines, text, etc?

Is your customer using Microstation? If so, they may have better results just opening your DWG files.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 10
Gabriel_Endress
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi rkmcswain

The drawings are so simlpe, lines, polylines, text and dimensions nothing else...

We need to deliver to the customer the drawings in DGN format as part of a project, so unfortunately it's not an option to give the drawings to the customer in DWG...

Due to this problems, now we are doing it with a  trial version (opening the DWG file in Microstation and saving it as DGN). but we would like to do it simple of course.

Do you know if exists any converter?

Many thanks for your support

Message 4 of 10
pendean

The folks that make Microstation also sell a converter.
There are other converters you can purchase too, but why waste your money there.
Message 5 of 10
Gabriel_Endress
in reply to: pendean

Hi thanks for your answers

I was "googling" about this issue, and as I see, definitely I can assume that Autocad LT is not  the best option to convert a dwg to a dgn file.

I would like to try a converter (I think that is stupid to purchase a Microstation license just for conversions..)

pendean: Do you know the name of the converter from MS folks? I tried to find it but I can't.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 10
pendean

PowerDraft: not cheap. If you want cheap there are others but your recipient will notice you're providing bogus DGN files since basically that's what you are doing anyway 😉
Message 7 of 10
Gabriel_Endress
in reply to: pendean

OK!,

Many thanks for your support!

Message 8 of 10
mramseur
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hello,
I saw your reply post from last month about converting DWG files to DGN on the AutoCAD discussion board. I have AutoCAD Civil 3D. As you convert the DWG files to DGN that have background jpeg images (i.e. Goggle Earth photos), is it possible to convert the jpeg images as well to DGN? If not, I guess the Microstaton user can open up the DWG files with the jpeg images in Microstation and be able to view the background jpeg images. I have the Microstation V8 viewer and was able to view the DWG file with the jpeg images.

Thanks.
Message 9 of 10

Hello • i need help to covert dwg to dgn v7 • may you do it for me ? • i can [wetransfer] you my original dwg file • Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: gerard.torelRFYZ5

You are replying to a post from the year 2014.

You can grab a free trial version of Civil3D and do it yourself as explained here https://c3dkb.dot.wi.gov/Content/c3d/data-xchng/data-xchng-dwg-to-dgn.htm

The trial version of Civil3D is here, it is good for 30-days https://www.autodesk.com/products/civil-3d/free-trial

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost