Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing walls in LT

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jhjirak
9867 Views, 12 Replies

drawing walls in LT

So how do people draw walls in autocad LT for floor plans?  I have been using lines & offsets.  Then trimming/fillet the lines so that it looks clean.  Do people use double lines?  Is there a dynamic block out there that could do this?  Here is an example of my floor plan. 

Also, if anyone has an example floor plan file in dwg feel free to attach it!  I would love to get some new blocks or ideas to increase my productivity.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
bgingerich
in reply to: jhjirak

Dline

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: bgingerich

I'd be all for DLINE if I just drew it once and did not have to revise or otherwise change.

It is something to get used to using. Not sure in my case it would speed things up.

I've been Offsetting and Trimming for so long...

Build your own Blocks or use the ones in the program. Most here did just that.

Message 4 of 13
jhjirak

Charles, could you post an example of one of your floor plans? 

Message 5 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Charlie, a little customization and you can be dragging walls from the left or right, closed or open ends, break or no break, in no time 🙂

But old habits are sometimes hard to break.

Message 6 of 13
jhjirak

Dean, how would you be able to drag walls from left to right without having to use the stretch command?  Could you provide a dwg file has an example of this?  I would love to be able to do that, would save hours of time.

Message 7 of 13
pendean

No, DLINE command offers 'dragging' from the left side or the right side.

Grip editing is how you drag anything in AutoCAD: select an object, click on the blue dot that appears and drag. If you have two or more objects, hold SHIFT key down as you select all the blue dots then drag. You don't need a DWG file, this would show nothing, you need to find free vidoes and tutorials. Start at YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egdEVSNfQ3E 

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grip+editing+in+autocad&oq=grip+editing+in+autocad&aq=f&...

Message 8 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

I know, I know, I know.

I heard that little voice while I was writing my statement.

Message 9 of 13
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Habits were made to be broken :<

*kind of like forum rules*

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 10 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

This just made me wonder if it would be worthwhile to create a dynamic block of a wall type in 2D plan -- something with a wipeout at the back end of the draw order, but with various annotative hatches so that at some scales the hatch wouldn't show at all, but at a closer scale it might show some lines, and at closer still it would show the detail level hatching. Corners might be a challenge though. Chuck, remember recently someone was asking about using a door block that perhaps used a wipeout to hide the wall beneath? Just a thot....

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 11 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

At some point a dynamic wall block becomes harder to manage that just using DLINE to draw: the DYNBLOCK forum has many doors that can be downloaded and tested to see which one works for your needs.

Dynamic Blocks discussion area:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/bd-p/154

Since those of us in the walls/doors drafting field typically use very few stock standard doors all day long, IMHO a basic block wiuld wirk just fine 95% of the time.

Message 12 of 13
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: pendean

...so the trick is to stay just short of that point. I find Dlines to be a pain the butt sometimes. So if a dynamic wall block started with a default of 45 degree ends, but make 3 out of four corners a dynamic stretch.....

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 13 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

That's why MLINE is popular with AutoCAD users (not LT), and AutoCAD Architecture (and REVIT) are sweeping the wall-drawing industry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost