Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing preview pane missing from open dialogue box

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
me
Observer
4276 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing preview pane missing from open dialogue box

When ever I open a drawing from the file menu or open file icon, the preview pane is missing from the dialogue box. I is there if i use file new or when I insert a block of file. Please can anyone help. Please see attached screen print.

Acad LT2013 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: me

That looks like a graphics issue.

Computer and Video Specs?

OS - Are you running Aero theme (If that is part of your OS)?

Hardware acceleration may be another item to look at (In my case having it On works better overall.)

Message 3 of 9
bgingerich

This may be the solution for you. 

There are two possible ones there.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 9
horatio47
in reply to: bgingerich

Hi there,

i've looked at your solution but editing the profile only seems to be an option for Full AutoCAD users.  I can't seem to apply this fix to LT 2014.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 9
Charles_Shade

Is the registry key not there in the LT registry path?
Or I guess a better question would be do you feel comfortable editing the Registry?
Message 6 of 9
bgingerich
in reply to: horatio47

It's right there in the registery...  This is what it looks like in 2010 LT.  Is it set to 1?

The other question if it's not there: do you have a registery cleaner running?  If so, make an exeption for AutoCAD so it doesn't mess stuff up again and do a repair install of AutoCAD.

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 7 of 9
horatio47

Boom!! that worked!

Thanks ever so much.  My lack of admin rights didn't allow me to access the reg editor but my companies IT people have sorted it

Thanks again,

Neil

Message 8 of 9
jdf0911
in reply to: bgingerich

I have this same problem but with AutoCAD 2014 full version. Can you tell me how to find "previewvisible" in the registry editor?

Thank you,

Melissa

Message 9 of 9
leitourgon
in reply to: jdf0911

Does this fix apply to all user profiles, or is it only in the user that is currently logged in?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost