Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing not centered in window.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kthr331
1911 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing not centered in window.

In AutoCAD LT 2013, whenever I open a drawing I previously created and stored, it opens with a small amout of the bottom of the drawing below the bottom border of the window. Repeatedly I have tried positioning the drawing the way I would like it to open then saving that configuration. That's how I always did it in AutoCAD 2000, my previous version. Regardless how many times I go thru that process, all drawings always open centered horiz'ly but with the bottom bit of the drawing below the bottom border of the window. I constantly look for a "Center Drawing In Window" button, or "Save Current View" button and so far have found nothing I recognize as such or even close. Am I looking for something that doesn't exist? Am I not understanding how it works? In the grand scheme it really doesn't matter because it's simple to pan the drawing into a fully readable scene - but I am still curious. Any comments, suggestions, ideas any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: kthr331

If you use the RIBBON interface, you're out of luck: the drawing opens, nice and centered, then the Ribbon and your palettes kicks on and moves everything. There was no Ribbon interface in 2000.
If you are not using the ribbon interface, then you might have something else going on.
Message 3 of 4
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: kthr331

Not a fix, but a workaround: a quick double-click with the mouse wheel will zoom extents & re-center your drawing (assuming you don't have anything outside your border).

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 4
kthr331
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Thanks pendean and KateMorrical for considering and responding to my post. That double click mouse thingy is really neat. Appreciate the help. Thanks, K.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost