Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing dimension line crashes AutoCAD LT 2014

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
marko
2035 Views, 10 Replies

Drawing dimension line crashes AutoCAD LT 2014

Hi,

Trying to Draw a dimension line will instantly crash AutoCAD. 

I have just finished a fresh install of Windows 8 and AutoCAD LT 2014.

Ideas anyone?

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: marko

HI Marco.

Welcome to the community,

Ok so first of all Windows 8 is a bit unstable with the Autodesk products at the moment. Autodesk is currently not compatible with windows 8 but Autodesk is working on that. Have a look at this link to understand more: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=Windows+8

What I would suggest is that you install the latest service packs for AutoCAD LT 2014. You will find them here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 11
marko
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

AutoCAD is up to date so no help there unfortunately. I have had AutoCAD LT 2014 running on Windows 8 without problems on this very same hardware before. however that was upgraded from earlier versions over the years.

Message 4 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

When did this start happeing? Does it crash in all drawings or just the current drawing and does it crash in a default template (acad.dwt)?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 11
marko

It started with the fresh install of AutoCAD LT. It happens with the default template and with other drawings as well.

Message 6 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

Ok Go to your Start Screen (Windows 😎 > All Programs (When you right click, bottom Right) > Search for AutoCAD LT 2014 > Select Reset settings to default

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 11
marko

Tried resetting to default settings but that didn't help.

Message 8 of 11
pendean

Change LT2014's hardware acceleration settings and see if that helps: if not, find and get updated video card drivers for youtr WIn8 PC (video card manufacturer if not your PC manufacturer).

If still crashes, post back as you will now have to try more drastic and dramatic solutions.
Message 9 of 11
marko
in reply to: pendean

I have the latest graphics card drivers and tried turning off hardware acceleration but that didn't help either.

Message 10 of 11
marko

Reinstalled AutoCAD LT and now everything seems to be working. Maybe the settings got messed up when I chose to sync my settings with cloud.

Thanks for your comments.

Message 11 of 11
JoAnn_Hogan

Could be, Glad everything is working again. Good luck

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost