Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing creates unused shx files

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
greta999
769 Views, 4 Replies

drawing creates unused shx files

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2009.  My boss uses DataCAD.  He creates dwg files for me, which open with no problems.  After I work in them, however, the next time it opens, I'm prompted for an shx file.  This also happens if I try to xref them into another file.  I have tried converting all the text to a new style, and purging the DCADSTYLES that are coming in with the coversion, and this purging seems to be effective, but the next time I open the file, it prompts for the shape file again.  Since I xref multiple ways in projects, these prompts can get stacked up, and really become annoying.  I've also tried to wblock into a new file.  Same problem.  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: greta999

Shape files are normally found in Linetypes, not text styles.

You will need to go through the agonizing task of redefining every linetype (including isnide blocks and nested blocks), or ignore them in LT2009, or upgrade to LT2011 which is now designed to give you the option to stop the prompts, or switch to using... well, you know, like your Boss (or switch the Boss out).

Message 3 of 5
greta999
in reply to: pendean

You're a genius!  Not so agonizing, if I do it early enough.  I found one particular linetype that was causing a lot of my problems.  Is there a way to isolate entities by linetype so that you can see which objects you're dealing with?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

FILTER or QSELECT commands should help you isolate objects based on specific settings.

Message 5 of 5
greta999

I hadn't used those before.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost