Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloding trial version AUTOCAD LT 2012.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
459 Views, 5 Replies

Downloding trial version AUTOCAD LT 2012.

I was using the autocad LT 2014 on existing drawings in my C Drive and I lost all the drawings. I had used the autocad for about three times before on these drawings but on 7/21/2013 I opened the 1st floor plan and after working on it I could not close it. Then I opened the 2nd floor plan and worked simultanously on it and saved it but could not close the two files. I proceeded to open the site plan and after working on it I tried to close all three files and had an error message and the files closed. Each of the files had about 572 KB but now each has 0 KB. I am not able to open these file after the error occured. I am wondering whether my drawings were hacked by someone that has access to your online product. These drawigs are for a 10,000 sq ft house I had designed for a client and now I can not deliver the drawings for construction.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
papercad
in reply to: Anonymous

By chance did you look for the .bak file? 

Message 3 of 6
papercad

My response wasn't meant to be snarky, just relating to the heat of the moment when you may have lost / lost a file and got that O**** realization.   Have you got a daily backup file, where at least the loss is redoable, what about the restore function, did you get this error message when you tried to open the drawing again?  Sorry but as a new guy that's all I got.   Lets just hope this isn't a virus condition, do a scan as a precaution.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

As is said above.

Do you do any type of File backup or use the Create .BAK file when you Save a Drawing?

You wrote that you were working in LT 2014. Take a look at the TEMP folder (%TEMP%) from Windows Search in Start. Maybe there is a saved file there.

If you are not sure where the BAK file is located you can look under OPTIONS, Files tab, Temporary Drawing File Location.

And why are you looking for the LT 2012 download?

Hacked online product? What are you referring to?

Message 5 of 6
pendean

You couldn't just close the program window instead of trying to 'close' the file? Or simply restart Windows by unplugging your PC from the wall?
What was the error message? did you read it and do you remember what it said, or just ignore it?
If you could not close one file and where having a serious problem, may I ask why you proceeded to open two more files?
Message 6 of 6
papercad

cmudesign  I'd be curious to know what happened when you resolve this problem.  Do have a question though, were you using autocad 2012LT for the majority of your CD set, then switched to autocad2014 (used the three times) and then had the failure?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost