Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docking command line to sides in LT 2013

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
BWYarger
1986 Views, 13 Replies

Docking command line to sides in LT 2013

In previous versions I could dock my command line to the sides.  In 2013 it only docks to the top or bottom.  I can have it anchored to the sides, but it behaves differently with the command line area going transparent and having the work area below.  How do I get it to behave the way it did before?

Brad

LT 2013

Windows 7 (64)

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: BWYarger

New 2013 functionality.

Message 3 of 14
BWYarger
in reply to: pendean

I can't really accept this as a "solution."  I use two monitors and put the command line on the right side along with several other palettes so that I can have as much vertical space in the drawing area on the left monitor as possible.  They already carved into it with the ribbon.  This is Autodesk taking two steps back!

Brad

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 4 of 14
Charles_Shade

I'm with you on the lost ability to dock to Command line.

Though since I moved the Command line to the left monitor, sized it, and Saved the Workspace it has shown up where I placed it and behaved in each session.

Message 5 of 14
pendean

Just stating a current fact: an unfortunate change for some... .

Message 6 of 14
BWYarger
in reply to: Charles_Shade

How do I contact Autodesk directly to issue a complaint?  I know of the AUGI wish list and put it in as wish list item, but I want something a bit more direct.

This is a big hit on my preferred workspace.  I have attached to screen shots of my 2012 and 2013 workspaces.  (I use two 24" widescreen monitors, but the attachments show up without the space between the two screens.)  I can put command line to the right or left side, but the drawing area goes underneath the command line, which is a problem when I zoom extents.  I also can't dock the command line where I want on the side.  I would rather have my toolbars closest to the drawing area in a vertical alignment, but I can't get them vertical unless they are anchored to the side, and the command line now doesn't count, so they have to be between the docked palettes, and the command line.  I would prefer to have the command line all the way to the right side so because I don't use it much, but when I do I like to see a bunch of line.  I also don't want it eating into my vertical space.  With two widescreen monitors, I have much more horizontal space than I need, but precious little vertical space. 

Brad

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 7 of 14
pendean

http://www.autodesk.com/feedback and use the two links on the bottom if you don't qualify for the others.
Message 8 of 14
steven-g
in reply to: pendean

I can't try it because I have 2012 and only one screen. But couldn't you split the model space into viewports so that the command line floats over a viewport at one side of the screen. That way zoom extents in the main screen / viewport will still work. You can keep splitting viewports vertically so that you have a fairly narrow viewport to one edge and then join all the other viewports to form your one main screen. A bit vague because I don't know how it will work on a double screen.

Message 9 of 14
BWYarger
in reply to: steven-g

It works, but does not address my issues directly.  I stil need to have the command line over the viewport with the toolbars to the right of the command line.  It also forces the usuable viewport to be a bit smaller than I wanted.

I have put this issue on the AUGI wish list and used the feedback link Dean provided.  Hopefully Autodesk will bring back the option for it to act the way it did in previous releases.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 10 of 14
steven-g

Another thought, Undock your toolbars as well and put them on your second screen. One nice big clean screen for drawing and the other for all the cluter, (including the pdf / offline version of the help file). How about a second instance of autocad open as well with a smaller window on the second screen to reference from. I need 3 screens.

Message 11 of 14
Charles_Shade

3 as well but I thought that might be boastful. Smiley Wink

multiscreenmonitors.jpg

(Courtesy of Dean)

Message 12 of 14
pendean

Ha! I couldn't keep track of that many separate screens 🙂

Message 13 of 14
BWYarger

I finally found a way to do it.  I imported my settings from LT 2012 with a workspace set up the way I wanted it, and then saved the workspace in 2013.  If the command line gets moved away from the side, I can put it back by recalling the workspace.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 14 of 14
pendean

LOCKUI command perhaps?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost