Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Viewports differently on same layout

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RCullihall
270 Views, 3 Replies

Displaying Viewports differently on same layout

Using 2008LT/2012LT...I am working on a job that is being done in phases. I want to show one phase as per pen assignments and other phases in a grayscale. Is there a way to do this when plotting or do I have to change the viewport display individually for the grayscale vps?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: RCullihall

Hello and welcome to the forums.

In 2012 LT it can be done quite easily.

First you need to be in the viewport that you want to be printed out as grayscale.

Now call up the layer dialog box.

Move to the right and you will come to a column called VP Color.

Select the layers that you want to be grey and change the VP colour to grey..

They will now plot out as grey for that viewport, but everywhere else they will be your original colour

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
RCullihall
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks!!
Message 4 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: RCullihall

This feature was introduced in 2008 and you can override colors and linetypes on a per-viewport basis this way, as long as they are originally colored per-layer (no existing overrides)

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost