Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Resolution Setting Problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stonedetails61
28546 Views, 5 Replies

Display Resolution Setting Problem

Has anyone had this issue:  Make adjustments to the Display resolution (Arc & Circle smoothness, Segments in a polyline curve) on the Display tab in the Options dialogue box.  Hit the Apply button and then go back to work.  Then during the same drawing session (after working for 20-30 minutes including several manual saves), the Display resolution reverts back to a previous lower resolution setting.  I know this because all of a sudden my lines and curves are no longer as refined as I want to see them.  The program seems to do this all by itself.  Is there some master setting that I am missing in order to hold the display resolution setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: stonedetails61

Mine stays where I have it at 10000 all the time, but I am full admin on my PC with editing rights to my WIndows Registry. VIEWRES is the command, usage explained in HELP. Are you sure REGEN or REGENALL don't temprarily fix your display? Or you could plant that variable in many commands you use and set it the way you want, or make it a button you tap often.

SPLINESEGS variable, the other one you mentions, is about how complex Splines look and nothing ese: you have a lot of Splines in your drawings?
Message 3 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: stonedetails61

That value is saved in the drawing. I've never seen anything change it. But moreover, I've never seen that it really matters unless the value is about 50 or below.

You can set it to the maximum value of 20000 and still get segmented arcs and circles under certain circumstances.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 6

Hi, check the VIEWRES settings in your layouts, both in paper space and model space in the layout. If they are different then you have set in model space, it will change the setting in model space when you switch to a layout and then back to model space. I should say that this only happens in 2013 and newer releases. Here is link to a earlier discussion about it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/viewres-question-layout-to-model/td-p/4855099

Message 5 of 6
stonedetails61
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, pendean.  You give many helpful points which I will try.  I am also full admin on my pc, so that should not be the problem.  The thing that I can't understand is why the display resolution setting seems to change by itself during my drawing session.  

Thanks for your reply!

Alan

Message 6 of 6

Thank you so much! Never knew that...but there it is...MS & LS each have their own settings and the program seems to want them all to match

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost