Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Driver Crashes with LT 2012

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Defender110Puma
1833 Views, 17 Replies

Display Driver Crashes with LT 2012

I have a brand new HP Probook 4530s with the correct requirements to run LT 2012 as well as a certified and tested graphics card and latest drivers, but as soon as I try using offset or trim functions while drawing, my screen goes blank for about 4 seconds and an error message below tells me my Display Driver has stopped working and has recovered.

No matter the screen resolution settings, it still does the same, also the laptop is still cool, so can't be a heat issue.

Anyone else had this or heard of a fix.

James

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
pendean
in reply to: Defender110Puma

So you have the Autodesk driver installed and running, as identified here:

http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/certified-graphics-for-autocad-lt.html

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

If you turn off Hardware acceleration in Options>System Tab>Performance button, does the issue go away?

Win7Pro or home? 32bit or 64bit?

Message 3 of 18
Defender110Puma
in reply to: pendean

I tried going to the performance tab, but the "tick box" is empty because it says my "graphics card is not certified and hardware acceleration is unavailable".

Whe I checked my card on your list, it says it is certified and tested.

I called my loacl CAD supplier who sold the product and they confimed that my PC should work with ACLT 2012.

I have windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Message 4 of 18
pendean

No worries, you made a big deal in your first post about having certified graphics card driver and it appears you do not after all (I don't either, but have no issues like yours): just clarifying.

What is the exact error message that you get when you use trim? Win7 32bit or 64bit?

Message 5 of 18

Read through my posts above carefully again - all the info is there

Message 6 of 18
pendean

"... tells me my Display Driver has stopped working and has recovered..."

It's often easier to search for a solution with an exact error message rather than a translation.

Message 7 of 18
Defender110Puma

That's the exact message displayed

Message 8 of 18
pendean

Message 9 of 18
Defender110Puma

I have now had the PC supplier (HP) come to my office to try and sort the problem to no avail.

My IT department fundi's have all had a go - and no luck either.

Seems I am destined to draw with pencil and paper after all this unneeded expence of a new PC and AuotoCad LT

Bugger

Message 10 of 18

I am also having this problem with an HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop. Win 7 Premium Home 64.  Processor is an Intel 5i. My screen keeps going black and then comes back up, I get a message saying "Display drivers stopped working and has recovered.  Display driver Intel graphics accelerator drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered 

It seems to happen when using the trim or chamfer commands, but it does not happen every time.  More like every second or third time I use Chamfer.   I think Trim also causes the problem sometimes and perhaps distance inquirey.   It does not seem to matter whether I am running one or two monitors.

Does anyone have solution, or am I stuck with intermittent black screens. 

Message 11 of 18

I still have not resolved the issue - AutoCad is of no further use to me

Luckily paid for by company.

Message 12 of 18

I just updated the display driver in my HP Laptop, and I can no longer replicate the problem.    It was intermitent before, so I'm not positive, but I have tried to cause the problem a number of times and it has not re-occured.

Joel

Message 13 of 18

I seem to have found a solution to my problem - when changing my toolbars to the Classic View it has gotten rid of the problem.

Not sure why, but it has worked for a day or two.

Message 14 of 18

I take that last post backSmiley Mad

Just started doing the same thing again - screen goes blank etc....

Message 15 of 18
cshaugh

I am having the same problem, and have not been able to fix it.  Did you ever find a solution?

Message 16 of 18
drjohn

Are you, by chance, running Windows in Aero mode?

Message 17 of 18

My problem was only resolved when I was given my free upgrade CD after about a year to AutoCad LT 2013 which I could see in the installation setup changed my display driver settings in some or other way.

Message 18 of 18

These were the settings changed by AutoCadLT 2013

erformance Tuner Results Log Version: 19.0.0.99 Date of Last Tune: 18/04/2012

Machine Configuration --------------------- Processor Speed  : 2.3 GHz RAM              : 3006 MB

3D Device --------- Name             : Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Manufacturer     : Intel(R) Chip set         : HD Graphics Family Memory           : 1311 MB Driver           : 8.15.0010.2342

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

As more graphics cards and 3D display drivers are tested, they are added to a list on the Autodesk website.

You can check for updates and download the latest certification list at any time. Run the 3DCONFIG command and click the Check for Updates button.

Current application driver:    Software

Current Effect Status: ---------------------- Enhanced 3D Performance:   Not recommended and off Smooth display:            Not available Gooch shader:              Software emulation in use Per-pixel lighting:        Not available Full-shadow display:       Not available Texture compression:       Not available Advanced material effects: Not available

Available application drivers and effect support: ------------------------------------------------- Software driver Effect support:

Enhanced 3D Performance:   Not applicable   Smooth display:            Not applicable   Gooch shader:              Software emulation only   Per-pixel lighting:        Not applicable   Full-shadow display:       Not applicable   Texture compression:       Not applicable   Advanced material effects: Not applicable

Autodesk driver:  Not Certified Effect support:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost