Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disappearing macro

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
madcowscarnival
282 Views, 4 Replies

disappearing macro

I had modified several macros that I found in these groups (dimension and bearing macros) to work on my system. When I was finished with the file, I saved it (with the button intact) and closed LT. I opened another fil today expecting the macro to be there but it has dissappeared. How do I ensure that any macros I make will stay in my custom menu? Or should they all be saved in a text backup file?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I started the text back up so I think that's a great idea.
Did you do any registry or hard drive cleanup between the
opening and the closing?
I use CleanMyPC-Registry Cleaner and it will take AutocAD
dump files and others and delete them if I don't un-check them first. The result is missingmacros and desktop setup.
A windows restore will bring it back.

regards,
cshade
Message 3 of 5
tlr156
in reply to: madcowscarnival

You didn't mention which version you're running, but if it's 06 or newer, try using the 'cuiload' command. Unload the files that are loaded, & then reload them (making sure to reload the cui file you saved the changes to if it was not the aclt.cui). I had problems with all of my menu customizations disappearing until I did this.
Message 4 of 5

I'm running 2005, so no cuiload for me. We do have a seat of 2007 that I am going to try that on though. I went ahead and started a text file for backup. Fortunately the changes I made were still fresh in my mind.

BTW no reboot or cleanup between closing one project and opening another.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: madcowscarnival

It sounds like you original MNU file got reloaded, or
perhaps you changed Windows log-ins in between?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost