Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Hatch

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Crass
62443 Views, 17 Replies

Disappearing Hatch

We have a problem where all the hatches in a drawing are no longer showing up. I followed the steps suggested in a 2007 thread on this site about this same topic (see hyperlink below). The solution was AUDIT, RECOVER, INSERT in that order. In this case, the first two failed but INSERTing the dwg into a clean dwg seemed to make the hatch patterns visible again.

However, the problem is that the drawing we are trying to save has a ton of layout tabs, viewport overrides, xrefs and other nonsense that would be a pain to recreate. Is there anything else that can be done to make the hatches visible? They are still there and selectable via QSELECT but will not show up. Also, how could this happen?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Disappearing-hatch/m-p/1873760/thread-id/70543/highlight/tr...

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Crass

Three Variables:

HPCOLOR

HPBACKGROUNDCOLOR

HPTRANSPARENCY

All these look normal to you?

Message 3 of 18
Crass
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I am unfamiliar with these setting, but this is what the variables are currently, and no hatchets are showing up. These variables effect the whole dwg, correct? They are not object specific are they?

HPCOLOR - "use current"

HPBACKGROUNDCOLOR - "none"

HPTRANSPARENCY - "use current"

When I do QSELECT - hatch, "select all", I get 52 hatches selected, all invisible. They are on diff layers, diff colors, diff hatch patterns, hatch scales, etc.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 4 of 18
Charles_Shade

Wide shot across the bow.

Just wanted to make sure that the Hatch did not have something funny going on with it.

Your settings for those Variables are the same I have here.

This thread suggests FILL, On may be the culprit:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?28533-Invisible-Hatching

I can confirm that it makes a difference here. New one on me.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 18
Crass

Boom!!! As always, much appreciated.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 6 of 18
gccdesign

Ahh, turning FILL on just did the trick for me.

GChapp

Message 7 of 18
hannahticua

Hi! I turned on FILL but my hatches still won't come out. Is there anythign else I can do? 

Message 8 of 18
pendean
in reply to: hannahticua

Post your file here, let's all have a look for ourselves.
Message 9 of 18
ryankevin1201

I did the same thing but I accidentally had a VP freeze. Thawing fixed my user error. hah
Message 10 of 18
ryankevin1201

Also uncheck annotative maybe.
Message 11 of 18
jrpage74
in reply to: ryankevin1201

I have a similar problem.  [items affected are to the left of the plan] Some of the hatches are there (circles), but the triangles do not show up.  If I copy to a new drawing, they show up.  This is on a drawing from Mexico, so I have no idea what setting might be messed up.  Happening on all four of the drawings for this project.

Attached is the file.

Message 12 of 18
petrushka.5
in reply to: hannahticua

Sorry for the late reply, but hopefully this will assist others.

If you're hatching a polyline enclosed area, make sure the polygon formed from the polyline is "closed". To check this, go to properties and under misc there is a closed> yes or no option. Just select yes, this hopefully will fix the bug. Usually autocad tells you that you cannot hatch an open object but not on this file I'm working on.

A lot of times even if you draw an enclosed polyline shape, it will still have the property of not being closed.

Message 13 of 18
malxan
in reply to: petrushka.5

@petrushka.5 wrote:

To check this, go to properties and under misc there is a closed> yes or no option. Just select yes,

YES! closed polylines solved it for me, fill command did not.

That's the correct solution, thanks a lot. 

Message 14 of 18
holly88

I just had this. it was somehow managing to create the hatches on a different layer that was turned off

Message 15 of 18
pendean
in reply to: holly88

Message 16 of 18
marcelo.castaneda

One Quick trick would be to use the Filter command & search for Hatch. This might bring them Back.

Message 17 of 18

Blessed be this comment. You saved me from hours of aimless wandering through the internet in search of an answer. Thank you from 2023.
Message 18 of 18

So happy that the fix still works, thank you! Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost