Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing buttons at random times

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lrlandusky
280 Views, 4 Replies

Disappearing buttons at random times

I'm experiencing disappearing icons / buttons on a machine running LT 2009 and Windows 7.  While working in a drawing, they sometimes disappear and you can run the mouse over them to make them show up again.  I suspected a video card, replaced with a much better 2gb card and it is still happening (although not as much now).

Everything is up to date (service packs for LT and Windows).  Machine has 8gb of RAM, an SSD hard drive, and I have other identical setups with no problems.

Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: lrlandusky

Hello from France

ACAD or ACAD LT 2009 is not at all supported on Win Seven !

So I suspect a graphic driver problem related to Window sSeven !?

1) Have you tried to disable ALL special graphic features of Win Seven : Aero, etc ...

2) Have tried to re-configure the graphic video driver to run in 15/16 bits color mode (32000/65000 colors)

instead of the normal color mode (24/32 bits - 16 millions color mode) ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: lrlandusky

LT2009 is not supported in Win7.

In addition to the above tips from Brad, sometimes downgraded video card drivers (or letting Windows run the video card) can help with older software.
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

Other things to check:

- ensure hardware acceleration is turned on; if it is, then try turning it off (diagnostic measure) - if it works "off" and not "on", then its definitely the graphics hardware

- ensure the graphics hardware being used is, in fact, your discrete card and not the on-chip hardware found on newer processors

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: dgorsman

No 'hardware acceleration' choices in LT2009 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost