Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the automatic date converter.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BAE180
5665 Views, 5 Replies

Disabling the automatic date converter.

Hi, I am entering the following text and it is being converted to a date.  How do I prevent this?

entered: 15-08-61

result:  8/15/1961

Autocad will not allow me to enter 15-08-61.  If I enter '15-08-61, then the ' is printed and the text size is reduced. (excel allows the user to put ' in front of anything and excel will leave it alone).

I turned off "spell check".  No good!  any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: BAE180

entering where exactly? How do we replicate it way over here?
That's not an AutoCAD setting, you have something else going on: I can type 15-08-61 and 15.08.61 and 15//08//61 all day long in AutoCAD/LT.
Message 3 of 6
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: BAE180

Are you working in AutoCAD table? Similar to Excel, you need to change the data format to text, to prevent AutoCAD changing your format automatically.

Select the cells you want to type the date, then from contextual ribbon tab> Cell Format panel, click Data Format.

Change the format to text and try to type again.

cell_data_format.png

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 4 of 6
BAE180
in reply to: pendean

pendean:  you are correct. I have inherited this drawing from a former employee and am trying to correct some things. He has set up some sort of table and it does behave in a different manner than AutoCAD.  I will have to research this more...

Message 5 of 6
BAE180
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

edwin.prakoso: thanks, you nailed it.  Now I can submit my project on time. 

I work with excel a lot and I work with AutoCAD a lot, but have not worked with them together very much.

million thanks

Message 6 of 6
BAE180
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

edwin.prakoso: thanks, you nailed it. Now I can submit my project on time.

I work with excel a lot and I work with AutoCAD a lot, but have not worked with them together very much.

million thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost