Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMREASSOCIATE & ANNOMONITOR?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
asbuiltjmh1
635 Views, 7 Replies

DIMREASSOCIATE & ANNOMONITOR?

I AM DIMENSINING A NEW PLAN AND GETTING MULTIPLE REASSOC FLAGS? HAVEN'T HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE?

TRIED RESETING DIMASSOC FROM 2 TO 0-RESTARTED PROGRAM, NOT WORKING.

WHEN I SELECT "REASSOC" FROM FLAG I GET AN OPEN X AT ONE POINT- I SELECT AND I'M PROMPTED WITH 2ND ("X" IN BOX) I SELECT, NO CHANGE?

ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: asbuiltjmh1

DIMASSOC should always be set to 2 and you must use object snaps when selecting the objects to dimension IF you want associative dimensions.

Are you dimensioning in model or paper space? I've never seen any of the prompts you are talking about.
Message 3 of 8
asbuiltjmh1
in reply to: pendean

You asked: Are you dimensioning in model or paper space?
Does this make a difference? Explain

And I always use object snaps.
Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
pendean

Just trying to reporduce your problem and I can't: got a DWG you can post here that exhibits this problem on demand?
Message 5 of 8
asbuiltjmh1

Yes, I'll attach the dwg. Also, you asked about paper or model space? Is one better than the other?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 8
pendean

That's your preference to decide on: I personally prefer all in modelspace.
Message 7 of 8
zalant

If one end of your dimension is snapped to a paper space object and the other end to a model space object, the dimension will not be associative.  With the ANNOMONITOR turned on, you'll see the yellow bangs [!] to indicate a disassociative dimension.

As Dean stated, DIMASSOC should be set at 2 in order to create associative dimensions.  However, even if that's the case, it is still possible to create disassociative dimensions, as with the process described above.

Zac Travis
Message 8 of 8
lhuynh
in reply to: zalant

Hey Zac,

So how do you detemine which object it is snapping to Model space or paper space? and how do you force it to pick one or the other?

thanks,

Le Hien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost