Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension text size changes automatically in paper space

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dickeydye
1297 Views, 7 Replies

Dimension text size changes automatically in paper space

When I change a dimension in one viewport the alphabetical text size in another viewport enlarges automatically (not the numerals) yet when I look at the properties it still says the right size.  How can I stop this from happening?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: dickeydye

Check to see if all your Text has a Z coordinate of zero.

Message 3 of 8
Kate_LT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Sounds like Annotation Scaling to me.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 4 of 8
pendean

Text and dimension style can be set to be annotative: they resize as you change the scale of the drawing.

Begs the question who set up your drawing and why did they forget to mention this to you before hand: or are you working in someone else' file(s)?

What LT version and everyone here can at least point you to some good reading material on the topic of Annotative text/dimensions if you cannot find the 'off' button in STYLE and DIMSTYLE commands.

Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Then why would the Numerical value of the text retain its size yet the Character portion changes?

I am thinking it is a string of text and not individual.

The other theory is the Text is Annotative and the Dimensions are not which makes sense.

Pure conjecture until we hear back though.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

fractions?

Message 7 of 8
Kate_LT

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Then why would the Numerical value of the text retain its size yet the Character portion changes?

My interpretation of this was that the dimension text height changed but its value stayed the same. Could be wrong, though.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 8 of 8
dickeydye

Thanks very much for your replies, I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you earlier as I have been unobtainable for a while and have only just started to pick up your suggestions.

Thanks again for your help, will be in contact

Dickey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost