Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dim line figure anomaly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
register
325 Views, 8 Replies

Dim line figure anomaly

Hello All, 

I'm a relatively new user to both Autocad LT and this forum, I am on a steep learning curve! I have come across what i can only discribe as a glitch when dimensioning up a drawing in paper space. 

occasionaly when re-opening a dimensioned up drawing some of the dimensions are not correct. I have found that if i double click on them to highlight the text they then return to the correct figure. I am stumped as to why this might happen. 

Any ideas would be very greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Burien

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

is it after some measurements changed? (and the dimension automically follows?)

If thats the case u can just type RE (Regen) and it should fix it

Message 3 of 9

Thank you for your reply, 

Sadly Regen doesn't fix the problem. The Dim line appears to be measuring the physical paper dimension rather than the model in that is displayed in paper space. The incorrect dimension displayed is always smaller (I am drawing buildings). So far the only way i can get the right dimension back is to either double click the dimension, which makes the figures change back to the correct value or re-dimension. Both of these options are too time consuming and if i miss one this could land me in trouble.

The issue doesn't happen that often but it has lowered my trust in what i am producing as i shouldn't need to be worrying about dims randomising. 

Could it be a memory issue perhaps?

If/when the problem happens again i will take some screen shots and post them here. 

Message 4 of 9
pendean
in reply to: register

What is DIMASSOC set to? Should be 2.
Are you snapping to points on those objects that you are dimensioning? Also required to get what you want.
Is your viewport set to a scale? is it changing on it's own?
Are you moving the modelspace content around for some reason?
Do you have a dimstyle override in place?
Does this happen with ALL your files, or just this one file?

It would appear your dimensions are losing their association ith the objects, assuming they were associated in the first place.
Message 5 of 9
register
in reply to: pendean

Yes my DIMASSOC is set to 2 and i am snapping to set points on the drawings.

I use set scales for all my view ports. Normaly 1:100 / 1:10 depending. The view port doesn't change scale, the dimlines don't move. It is just the numbers on the dimline that are incorrect. 

For example: 

I measure an object and it reads 8090. Now i have saved the document, opened it up again and the measurement reads 23. when i double click on the measurement as if to edit the text manually the number then reverts back to 8090. 

This isn't happening in all documents and doesn't happen very often but it is incredibly frustrating when i come across it. 

Is there a way that i can reduce the possibility of dims losing their association? 

Message 6 of 9
pendean

I've never seen it myself: if you can make it happen in a file regularly, please share it here for all of us to have a look at it.
Message 7 of 9
register

I will keep an eye out for it.
Message 8 of 9
register

Sorry to raise the deadthread but this one cropped up at college last night. the dimassoc is set to 1 in this drawing so that could be the issue. 

I have highlighted the dimension in red that is playing up. The dimension in blue is reading the correct size. My tutor was completely stumped when i showed him this.

Any ideas what i am doing wrong?

Message 9 of 9
pendean

DIMASSOC=2 for me.

What exactly are you snapping to? Your 94 and 159 dims are very random in your file. DIMASSOC requires you to snap to the Objects in modelspace to work, see image below, the two dims I drew snap to the centers of the two circles and nothing else.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost