AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Active Contributor
FLHX
Message 1 of 2 (112 Views)

Different View Description?

112 Views, 1 Replies
10-10-2012 08:57 AM

Not sure exactly how to describe what I'm looking for.  The best way I can describe what I want is as follows:

Some of my drawings have a reference to another view, say "View A". View A itself might be enlarged, or show more detail or whatever. 

I want to find an easy way to construct the designator for View A.  That is, the little part on the main drawing that tells us that there IS a View A.  

Specifcially, I'm looking for what I can clumsily describe as follows:

"A circle drawn around that section of the drawing that's being referred to in View A, with the letter A inserted into the diameter, with arrows at both ends pointing towards the A". 

If I could find an example I'd include it, but I'm hoping someone here will know what I'm referring to and tell me whether ACADLT 2011 can easily produce it.  I can draw it manually if need be, but I was hoping the software can make it easy.

Bueller???

Bueller???

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: Different View Description?

10-10-2012 09:01 AM in reply to: FLHX

You'd have to draw something (on a no-plot layer) to provide you with that type of information: nothing built-in beyond the small preview you can see in VIEW command's pop-up when you select one.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.