Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog box

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1206 Views, 4 Replies

dialog box

I have AutocadLT 2015....changed the format to CLASSIC style.  I am missing the ATTACH EXTERNAL REFERENCE dialog box and cannot make xrefs...how do I find the missing box?  The attachment is the dialog box I am missing....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Where did you get that image from? Doesn't look like either of the XREF pop-ups in LT2015 here.

There is no 'classic' in LT2015: what exactly did you change to get there? That may be the reason you don't have that command readily available.

Also, what happens if you type XREF or CLASSICXREF at the command lines?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The directions for changing came from AUUTODESK support

Directions:  In 2D Drafting space, turn off ribbon with RIBBON CLOSE COMMAND

then turn on old menu with MENUBAR COMMAND

Set it to 1, Save your current workspace and Save As AUTOCAD CLASSIC. 

This gave me back the old style workspace I am used to from 2002LT...has all toolbars so I can customize...but the ATTACH EXTERNAL REFERENCE dialog box that is supposed to come up either with the tool icon clicked, Tools, or View, or Insert does not appear.  The attachment was a picture straight out of the Autocad Bible by Ellen Finkelstein.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

So you just turned off the Ribbon, OK. did you type the commands I suggested? What happens? These may be off screen if you look for the correct pop-up and not your screenshot image; is your AutoCAD window fully maximized? Or are you ignoring the initial pop-ups, see below.

Look at this screenshot: the image in the back is what comes up first when you launch XREF command, the one in the front only comes up AFTER you select a file to attached from the first image.

XREF.PNG

This next one is the CLASSICXREF command's first pop-up (looks like LT2002's XREF command), the second pop-up you want appears, again, after the file is selected from the first pop-up:

classicxref.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.....the answer was CLASSICXREF and it all works as you showed....perfect and I truly appreciate your help. I am so used to 2002LT that anything that varies is confusing and right now I am on a learning curve for the new software....and change is not my friend..lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost